Thread: lucid dreaming vs reality

lucid dreaming vs reality

I just finished reading Robert's experience of a WILD in Astral Dynamics and I am confused
    about the differences between lucid dreams and reality.

When lucid dreaming there are certain things that differ from reality right?
    This is the reason we do reality checking right?

What would you say would be the major differences?
    Could you really confuse between the two?

Blog Entries

Re: lucid dreaming vs reality

A lucid dream is a different reality, created by your subconscious, or by the collective unconscious.
    Material reality (also thought of as objective reality) is what you see in the material world.
    When you dream you are in a subjective environment, created by mind. It can be the collective mind, and it can be given shape by the individual mind.
    When you become lucid (and in this instance, lucidity is simply knowing you're dreaming, clarity is irrelevant) you can perceive beyond your self creations and see what the collective mind has created. It cannot be the same as material reality, because imagination is creative and equally represented, but there is usually a correlation between experience and imagination.
    Does that make it any clearer?
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 17th June 2022 at 09:31 PM. Reason: spelling
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Let me just add- you could rarely confuse the two- but it did happen to me once- when I got out of bed knowing it was the real time zone but it felt exactly like in the physical. I had to wake myself up just to check, lol. Turned out I was right And also in false awakenings you do that alot. Hence the reality checks (but also to get you lucid during a regular dream).
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

When you're having a lucid dream, you know you're dreaming. "Lucid" means, in this case, "aware".

It can be tricky at times and with certain kinds of experiences to recognise reality, but some people recognise and experience reality as a kind of dream, so there's also that... (Yes, I'm muddying the waters. What I wrote may be meaningless to you. That's okay. One day, it will mean something to someone, anyway, if not to you, now.)
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    When you're having a lucid dream, you know you're dreaming. "Lucid" means, in this case, "aware".

It can be tricky at times and with certain kinds of experiences to recognise reality, but some people recognise and experience reality as a kind of dream, so there's also that... (Yes, I'm muddying the waters. What I wrote may be meaningless to you. That's okay. One day, it will mean something to someone, anyway, if not to you, now.)
    ButterflyWoman, it seems like you were right- it applies to me, now mainly because it is possible to effect reality so immensly by changing ,my own vibration... Which is something I learned and applied this year (reality is kind of a "heavier" feeling and moving lucid dream- to me). And what you said defines it in words... I don't know if this is what you meant, but this is the way I see it, anyway
    Last edited by dontco; 25th December 2016 at 02:12 PM.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Both are reality and both are illusions hehe

But both are basically the same thing just a different counciousness.

It happens that we confuse between them cause we don't imagine that a lucid dream or a oobe van feel that real.

Many of us have oobe and stop then cause we think we are awake.

For me I went to the bathroom and thought why I'm a here? Let's go sleep again laying back in the bed just to wake up and realise that I never went to the bathroom.

U can mix them up but both are reality

I agree with both CFTraveller and White Monkey.

In 2002 I experienced a spontaneous Out of Body Experience/phasing where my RTZ reality and Mindscape Reality occupied the same REEL-ality frame.
    I experienced dual consciousness, two first-person point of view from both my physical body (on the bed) and astral body (above my physical body).
    Where I willed my attention, I could switch my focus instantaneously from body to body.
    Subsequently I was compelled to question my assumptions, belief systems and dogma.

Since then, I have learnt that spam is not limited to email and internet browsing.
    Question all dogmas.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    A lucid dream is a different reality, created by your subconscious, or by the collective unconscious.
    Material reality (also thought of as objective reality) is what you see in the material world.
    When you dream you are in a subjective environment, created by mind. It can be the collective mind, and it can be given shaped by the individual mind.
    When you become lucid (and in this instance, lucidity is simply knowing you're dreaming, clarity is irrelevant) you can perceive beyond your self creations and see what the collective mind has created. It cannot be the same as material reality, because imagination is creative and equally represented, but there is usually a correlation between experience and imagination.
    This is what I was thinking for the most of the time. However my quite recent experiences suggest that there is no clear boundary between your mind's creations and what we used to call "the reality" when you are - particularly mentally - beyond your physical body. Shamanic traditions in which lucid dreaming is well known treat dreams as the reality or part of the reality - the perceived forms can vary (something may take the form of an animal, mythological creature, demonic or angelic form etc.), but beyond the form is the essential reality. The "lower mind", related traditionally to the Moon and sleeping, often sees a lot of forms - but they are just projections, sometimes a creation of both the observant and the observed object. This is the reality close to the physical.

Have anyone gone with his or her dreams beyond lucid dreaming (when you control your dream - i.e. create with your imagination what you experience) and simple interpretations?

When a person is dreaming, it is a great opportunity to research the mind. I'm quite surprised that I cannot find much material on that. I encountered only some practical conclusions coming from the old shamanic traditions about the nature of the mind while sleeping and while not.

Be objective, research the reality and don't assume things just because of experts