Thread: Al's journal - 90 day program

Al's journal - 90 day program

I first read about astral projection about 5 years ago. I had broken up with a girlfriend and was heartbroken. I think many times people in this situation will go over things and wonder what they could have done differently and feel as though if they had the relationship might have worked. I sort of spiraled along this path and started thinking of other things I had done in my life and regretted. It became a sort of obsession to cheat father time and somehow go back to an earlier time, but with the wisdom I had gained since. At night I would dream of things that happened in my youth turning out differently, more favorably for me.

I looked into this online and came upon astral projection. There was some debate as to whether someone could change the past. Of course, if someone DID change the past, how would we know they had? The glimmer of hope was enough though and I began to look into this further. After a few months I was able to have a few, very brief out of body experiences but did not really do anything while projecting. I didn’t feel like I had much control over my body/form.

Eventually I became busier with work and met a new love (now my wife) and found myself practicing/studying projection less and less. However the fascination with astral projection never really went away, although I suppose now I’m motivated more by curiosity than some desire to change my past.

I have started Mr. Bruce’s 90 day workbook several times since then but never completed it. I’m in a position now where I live very close to my job and have the opportunity to go home during my lunch break and complete these exercises. Hopefully doing this online log will help keep me accountable.

I will also record dreams when I do remember them and when they are appropriate (I want to keep this log PG lol)

I try to limit internet use during the week as I can quickly lose track of time reading forums like this but will try to keep a daily journal and post on a weekly basis.

5/2
    Completed day 1 of the workbook. I plan to record affirmations as a voice memo.
    During breathwork I had some trouble keeping my mind focused.

5/2
    Today I did day 2 of the workbook. I thought the energy work went well. My focus during breath work was better than yesterday but still needs improvement.
    I recorded the daily affirmations to play to myself each morning and while going to sleep.

5/3
    I completed day 3 of the workbook.
    I had an unusual dream later. My wife and I were living in my grandmother’s house (I’d lived there from ages 12 to around 22) and trying to sleep. The house had a bit of a cockroach problem and in my dream we saw one running around. I went to spray it with poison and all of a sudden it began crying and looked like a toy dog. I ran out of poison so I threw the empty can at it and the toy shattered. My wife said that was cruel but I reminded her that these are pests and carry disease.

5/4
    I completed day 4 of the workbook – I have not been very good about doing the daily affirmations however.
    My dream took place in what looked like my great grandmother’s home. The home was overseas and I only visited it twice. Anyway a friend from high school was there and he had set up a business in the barn there fixing cars since the family no longer kept livestock.

5/9
    I fell behind this weekend due to a few social obligations. I did have a dream I was back in college and a friend I hadn’t seen in about 10 years was giving a presentation there. It seemed anachronistic as we discussed things that happened in the interim as well as his children, who were all born after this time.
    Now small fowls flew screaming over the yet yawning gulf; a sullen white surf beat against its steep sides; then all collapsed, and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago.

Re: Al's journal - 90 day program

5/10/16
    In my dream I was at my Grandmother’s home and saw a strange looking frog in a puddle. The frog’s skin was transparent but it had some typing on it. It looked like some sort of living plastic bag. I tried to take a picture of it with my phone but it hopped away.
    Later on I took some vitamins which looked like licorice but tasted terrible. I went to lift weights in the yard (not sure where these weights came from) and weights which used to be heavy felt very light.
    In another dream I had to babysit my friend’s wife who was drunk. I could not find my friend anywhere so I made sure she got to sleep and then left.
    I performed day 5 exercises but forgot to do nightly affirmation.
    I find my focus is not that good while doing breath awareness but focus is there by the time I start energy work.

5/11/16
    In my dream I was at a restaurant my family liked going to when I was younger. I don’t remember many details.

5/12/16
    I performed day 7 exercises. Afterward my legs had unusual feeling, warm and heavy.

5/13/16
    A coworker invited me to a party at a friend’s house (my coworker does not actually know this person) and it was snowing heavily. His house looked different but I recognized it as I saw his dog through the window.
    Later on I was walking my dog and saw a family walking a wolf. My dog got out of her leash and started running toward the wolf. I ran after her but woke up before she got to the wolf.
    Funny enough when I was walking my dog today she got out of her collar for a second.
    Later on I saw presidential candidate Donald ♥♥♥♥♥ riding a tractor and chasing a group of geese.
    Now small fowls flew screaming over the yet yawning gulf; a sullen white surf beat against its steep sides; then all collapsed, and the great shroud of the sea rolled on as it rolled five thousand years ago.

Re: Al's journal - 90 day program

Fell behind on updating this journal. I've worked through the first 11 days of exercises so far. I also had an interesting dream a few nights ago.

I was meeting with an old coworker but had trouble finding him. I walked through what looked like a university courtyard and realized I was dreaming. I thought it might be interesting to see what I could accomplish while in a lucid dream.

My first instinct was to "summon" friends. Later on I tried to summon a dog I had growing up but to no avail.

I also tried to see if I could stop time. One older gentleman walking around seemed to be paralyzed mid step but managed to stare at me nervously. A group of teenage boys were suddenly buried up to their necks in the dirt and I had to pull them out. I decided not to try that again.

I also found I could fly. I tried flying up what looked like a hillside but it seemed to change shape and become steeper the higher I went up.

I also tried passing through walls. I was not able to do this but found I could punch through a brick wall as though it were glass. This cut my hand but it healed when I passed my other hand over.

Later on I felt like I was waking up. I tried looking at my hands as I remembered this was a way to stay in a lucid dream but still woke up.

Interestingly I "awoke" but was only dreaming. A few minutes later I actually did wake up.