The following day, the Swami returned to demonstrate his ability to stop his heart. As they were walking into the room, he requested that after his heart stops, the researchers should remind him that that is all. When asked about this, he explained "Since I am not prepared in the ordinary way for this experiment, I do not want to do it too long. I want to be reminded to stop so that I will not forget what I want to do. I do not want to damage my subtle heart." This seemed to the researchers to imply that once he was in the state where his heart was stopped, he might be unaware of what his own conscious intentions were.

As they prepared for the demonstration, he said that he was going to be quiet for a moment to prepare for the experiment. Then he said was going to give a shock for a moment, and please don't be alarmed. It seems he meant that he was going to shock the people who were observing the paper record of the EKG. He sat silently for about two minutes, and then over the intercom, one of the researchers said "that's all."

The results on the EKG showed that his heart had not stopped in a sense of a flat line on the EKG, but rather had entered a state of extreme atrial flutter. In this state, the heart is fluttering lightly at a very fast rate, and is not able to pump any blood into the systemic circulation. The heart has not "stopped moving," but has stopped pumping blood. This state only took him about 90 seconds to enter, and he sustained it for 16.2 seconds before the researcher told him that was all.