To demonstrate brainwave state control, an EEG machine was set up. When he concentrated on "a wide object within, such as a blue sky with small white clouds occasionally drifting by," Swami Rama produced an Alpha rhythm. A focus on "nothingness" produced the same result.

He demonstrated Theta waves by "silencing the conscious mind and bringing forward the subconscious mind." He described this state as unpleasant and noisy. He explained that "all of the things other people wanted me to do, all of the things I wanted to do, all of the things I should have done but didn't do, came up and began screaming at me at the same time. Usually I keep that turned off, but it useful to look in there once in a while to see what is there."

At a later date, the Swami again visited this center. He had just returned from giving some lectures in Chicago. He showed the researchers a polaroid photo where his chest was obscured by a disc of pale pink light. He explained that he had mentioned during his lecture in Chicago that it was possible to turn on the subtle energy in a chakra so intensely that it would become visible to the naked eye. A physician in the audience had demanded that he demonstrate this so he could take a picture. Several pictures were taken and he was allowed to keep one.