Thread: Changing the Past in Your Mind- from Seth Speaks

Blog Entries

Changing the Past in Your Mind- from Seth Speaks

I ran into this and I thought this might be helpful, due to loads of threads on the subject that I can remember. I took it from here.

"The past existed in multitudinous ways. You only experienced one probable past. By changingthis past in your mind, now, in your present, you can change not only its nature but its effect, andnot only upon yourself but upon others.

Pretend a particular event happened that greatly disturbed you. In your mind imagine it not simplywiped out, but replaced by another event of more beneficial nature. Now this must be done withgreat vividness and emotional validity, and many times. It is not a self-deception. The event thatyou choose will automatically be a probable event, which did in fact happen, though it is not theevent you chose to perceive in your given probable past.

Telepathically, if the process is done correctly, your idea will also affect any people who wereconnected with the original event, though they can choose to reject as well as accept yourversion.

This is not a book on techniques, so I will not go into this particular method deeply, but merelymention it here. Remember, however, that in a most legitimate way many events that are notphysically perceived or experienced are as valid as those that are, and are as real within yourown invisible psychological environment.

Any such moment is therefore a gateway into all of your existence. The events that you recognizeas happening now are simply specific and objective, but the most minute element in any givenmoment’s experience is also symbolic of other events and other times. Each moment is then likea mosaic, only in your current life history you follow but one color or pattern, and ignore theothers. As I have mentioned [in other books], you can indeed change the present to some extentby purposefully altering a memory event. That kind of synthesis can be used in many instanceswith many people.

Such an exercise is not some theoretical, esoteric, impractical method, but a very precise,volatile, and dynamic way of helping the present self by calming the fears of a past self. That pastself is not hypothetical, either, but still exists, capable of being reached and of changing itsreactions. You do not need a time machine to alter the past or the future.

Such a technique is highly valuable. Not only are memories not 'dead,' they are themselves everchanging.Many alter themselves almost completely without your notice. In his (unpublished)apprentice novels, Ruburt (Jane) did two or three versions of an episode with a priest he hadknown in his youth. Each version at the time he wrote it represented his honest memory of theevent. The bare facts were more or less the same, entire meaning and interpretation of eachversion differed so drastically that those differences far outweighed the similarities.Because the episode was used on two or three different occasions, Ruburt could see how thismemory changed. In most cases, however, people are not aware that memory changes in such afashion, or that the events they think they recall are so different.

The point is that past events grow. They are not finished. With that in mind, you can see thatfuture lives are very difficult to explain from within your framework. A completed life in your termsis no more completed or done than any event. There is simply a cutoff point in your focus fromyour framework, but it is as artificial as, basically, perspective is applied to painting.It is not that the inner self is not aware of all of this, but that it has already chosen a framework, ora given frame of existence, that emphasizes certain kinds of experience over others.
    "

Good luck!
    dontco.
    Last edited by dontco; 2nd July 2016 at 02:45 PM.
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

Blog Entries

Re: Changing the Past in Your Mind- from Seth Speaks

And a similiar one from Neville, about changing the past:

"When you see anything in a dilapidated state it is a past state, old and fixed. But you can change it by throwing the ball. If, at first the ball will not leave your hand because of the obvious facts before you, persist. “How long, O Lord, must I forgive the brother who sins against me? Seventy times seven.” Do it and do it and do it until you succeed in letting go of the past and seeing what you wish in its place. Persist and persist and persist until you can actually let it go.

Jesus tells the parable of the woman who comes to a constable who, although he didn’t fear God or respect man, rose and gave her what she wanted because of her persistence. Her constant comments forced him to give her what she desired. The story is also told of a man who came at midnight wanting something to feed a stranger in his house. The man from above said, “It is late and my children are in bed and I cannot come down and open the door,” but, because the man persisted, he was given what he wanted.

You may think there is no way out of your present turmoil, but I don’t care how fixed that seeming turmoil is, if you persist and persist and persist, he who is from above has to come down and grant your request. Practice repentance on this side of the veil while the work is going on in a hidden manner on the other side, and the wall will become thinner and thinner until the shell is broken and Christ is born. And who is he? I AM. After you break the shell it’s not Jesus and you, there is Jesus only. And on that day the Lord shall be one and his name One.

God is not condemning any man, for they are only states, and we must learn to distinguish between the occupant of the state and the state he occupies. God does not reject man, but the state, and puts man into another state. I know that since this man heard my message years ago he has been daily practicing revision. Revision is repentance and revision results in repeal. When you revise a memory that is fixed you have repealed it. He repealed the dilapidated home and streetcar. Here is the new man fulfilling the 22nd chapter of Isaiah. Although the word “golf ball” is not there, the word “ball”, that which turns upon itself and repeats a memory image, is. But, holding the ball in his hand (the symbol of God’s power and wisdom) he persisted and exercised his power.

You have that power. Test it by bringing a seemingly hopeless case before your mind’s eye and revise it. Persist in revising it until you can let go of that ball by feeling the breath of relief because it is done. If tomorrow does not bring the confirmation, or next week, wait, for it is done. And in a way that no one on earth could devise, it will come into your world and you will see the results of what you did.

So I ask everyone to practice revision. Revise the past. I don’t care what it is, revise it and the past will conform to your dream of what it ought to have been and appear before you.

So tonight, begin to practice the art of repentance, for everything can be redeemed. Now, repentance is not to feel remorseful or regretful. I don’t care what you have done; you don’t have to feel remorseful about it. You had to do it because of the state you were in at the time. Repentance is practicing the art of moving into the opposite state. You don’t feel sorry for yourself and wallow on some weeping wall when you repent. Your sins may be as scarlet, but through repentance they shall be white as snow.

On this side of the veil let us practice repentance and transform any unlovely past. Let the mind store a past worthy of recall, for eventually everything that is unlovely is going to be destroyed, and although the mind seemingly vanishes, man does not, for man is God. In the real sense of the word, there is no death for really nothing dies. The actor leaves the stage and seems to be gone, but he isn’t dead, for the supreme actor is God and he is playing all the parts. “The deceiver and the deceived are his.” I have deceived and I have been deceived; therefore I am both. After I have played every state I am called upon to believe the testimony of one who has experienced scripture, then to constantly practice this wonderful art of repentance.

Repent and repent and repent. As you see someone in need, change him. That’s repentance. You could argue with him, tell him it serves him right, that if he hadn’t done what he did he wouldn’t be paying the price, but do not condemn him. He is in a state and must reap the results of the state into which he has entered. It is only a state and since the occupant is immortal, as you are, you can repent and place him in a different state.

Have you ever lived in an apartment where the walls are so thin you can hear your neighbors whisper? Practice repentance and you wall will become so thin you will hear God, the eternal I am in you; proclaim what He is. “I am the everlasting! I am eternal! I am self-sufficient! I am self-contained! I am God!” He heard the voice so loud and so persistent that he decided to test this power, which symbolized itself as the hand where the ball was placed. Then he created, changed and revised all demonstrations of God’s power that he now knows himself to be.

Revise, then drop it as he dropped the ball. Release the past and hold onto the vision of what you want in its place. With this power you can completely redeem the past, “And God requires the past.” And, although your sins be as scarlet they shall be white as snow."

Taken from here:
    http://realneville.com/txt/christ_in_man.htm
    (although I edited it, so it's not the full text)
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha

Awesome
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    Awesome
    I'm glad you liked it!