Thread: Why does it hurt when I dream while awake?

Why does it hurt when I dream while awake?

Not sure if this is the right forum for this.

I've noticed that when I get to a point where I can actually see an image in my head when my eyes are closed like if i was watching a video on a screen, I start feeling sick. There's a burning sensation around my solar plexus, I feel nauseous, my throat starts getting all itchy, and this may be a coincidence but today I am feeling some heart burn. My initial thought is that it might have something to do with the chakras.

Does anyone know what is going on here? It's already happened a few times and the images aren't even anything in particular. For example, today I was in some building running through closed doors. Before that it was just me looking at something for like 2 seconds. Back when this started (I didn't notice any pain then) It was always the same image for like a second. A black and white surface that kind of looked like the surface of the moon or the texture on the ceiling in my room.

Re: Why does it hurt when I dream while awake?

Does this pain contiues after the experience or is it only during your exercise?

Most probably you feel your energy centers aka chakras starting to work. In the beginning they can hurt cause they still need to clean themselves from old dirt and blockades.

It continues but fades away. The nausea pretty much ends immediately. The other things linger on longer. After I typed that post the area around my scalp felt kinda sore. I didn't notice anything around the base of my spine though.
    The thing that really gets me though is that nausea + burning combo. It starts welling up fast and gets me concerned enough to stop what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Are you 'tensing up' and scrunching up your eyes when you do this? Also, are you seated or lying down?
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    Are you 'tensing up' and scrunching up your eyes when you do this? Also, are you seated or lying down?
    I'm not sure if I'm actually physically straining myself in any way. This usually happens right after I wake up and I'm still laying in bed with my eyes closed. In fact I'm making a mental effort to keep my eyes closed because I'm not "ready" to wake up yet. This is the easiest time for me to see things. If I go from being awake to this lowered state then It becomes easy to forget what I'm doing as and actually lose conscienceness.

So I guess to break down the process... What I do is I will start off focusing on relaxing my body and keeping my eyes closed. While I'm doing that I "stare" off into the abyss until I see something, and then when an image starts fading into view I try to focus on it until it's a clear image. There isn't any control over the image itself yet, since my initial goal was consistency in triggering an image. Right now everything I see is pretty random. For example there was one where I looked at a piece of paper with writing on it and I couldn't read the writing because the words kept changing.

The point where I start feeling sick is when I am watching the image. I'm trying to keep it from ending (it only lasts for a few seconds). The same thing would happen even if I am sitting. I tried it when I was at my computer. I saw a picture of a missing little girl on facebook and tried to "look" for her. I felt the nausea coming so I just stopped. I saw an update later that she was found and was ok so no worries.

Blog Entries

The nausea might have something to do with your position and the fact that you're trying to focus 'inside' intently. It may be throwing off your sense of balance, which combines ear fluid and your sense of where the horizon is, and in some people this triggers nausea.
    Try something different: Change your position to where you can feel your body being supported, and tense your buttocks when you feel the nausea. Also, don't try to see- instead work on a visualization that you go to before going blank- something pleasant, and focus your attention on the scene, until you feel relaxed enough, and then switch to 'observe' in front of your eyes- but the minute you find yourself trying to focus on the scene that presents, go to the visualization after you have 'seen'.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    The nausea might have something to do with your position and the fact that you're trying to focus 'inside' intently. It may be throwing off your sense of balance, which combines ear fluid and your sense of where the horizon is, and in some people this triggers nausea.
    Try something different: Change your position to where you can feel your body being supported, and tense your buttocks when you feel the nausea. Also, don't try to see- instead work on a visualization that you go to before going blank- something pleasant, and focus your attention on the scene, until you feel relaxed enough, and then switch to 'observe' in front of your eyes- but the minute you find yourself trying to focus on the scene that presents, go to the visualization after you have 'seen'.
    Can you explain more about the visualization before going blank part? How would that work if you personally were doing it?

I tried again this morning and I noticed that it was easier this time, but I was also having a dream within a dream within a dream... So my attempt to trigger a scene was in the second dream. I get up and check my right eye in my bathroom mirror because there's been something wrong with it since childhood and it was feeling dry. My reflection looks like a different person and my eye was like a red vortex.
    I wake up and I'm laying in my bed. I hear a fly buzzing around my head so I pull the blanket over my face so it wont land on me. Then my hand touches something that feels like a card. I get out of bed and I see that I was surrounded by a bunch of cards on the mattress. I start picking up the cards to put them away, and then I wake up for real this time.

Blog Entries

I actually do this sometimes, for different reasons- when I 'see', if I look too much at whatever I'm seeing, it goes away. To avoid this, I start daydreaming on purpose, a scenario that entertains me, but only for a short time- I find this facilitates the scenes I was looking at to come back, without a lot of effort (the only effort is to not fall asleep, since daydreaming can make you fall asleep) but if I can keep the 'daydream' short, I can toggle the 'daydream' and 'vision' without losing focus or falling asleep.
    It's just something that works for me when I have time to do it.