Thread: Short breath during meditation

Short breath during meditation

I've been meditating for 10 months. I am observing my nostrils- breathe in and out. When I meditate, after the 5th minute my breath becomes really short and I feel like my chest area has become very heavy and I continue observing that, but the body does not take deeper breaths. My last meditation was even more strange- the breathing in continued for about 2 and a half seconds, holding in for 1 sec., breathing out for 2 and a half seconds and not breathing for another second. The intake of breath is really small- I barely feel the air in the nostrils- and I know this is a normal thing in meditation, but are such short breaths normal?

Re: Short breath during meditation

May I ask, after these ten months...what can you tell of/about your motive to practice and expectations thru meditation.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

I'll have to explain more thoroughly. The short breath and the heavy chest feeling I get in meditation are uncomfortable. This breaks my concentration and my mind starts to wander, count seconds etc. And I have heard that people feel bliss in meditation. My question is whether that is normal to occur in meditation? And if not, what am I doing wrong?
    My motive to practice is to explore the Self. I'm trying to hold back my expectations because they can be obstacles.

Blog Entries

It's normal. Automatic breathing is shallow, and after a while, your body goes on automatic, even if you're consciously watching it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.