A recent lucid dream that I need help understanding/integrating:

I was with a small group of people - they were all behind me, and I was talking to them about the terrain we were hiking across - describing it. We were approaching a frozen lake - the air was cold - the ground was frozen and frosty but there was a layer of what looked like volcanic mud over a rocky terrain. I explained to the people "it looks like they put a new layer down" as I tested the soil with my foot. It was "fresh new, volcanic mud no one had set foot on before.

I saw in the lake what I thought was the tip of a whale snout - shaped like a blue whale's - but it was white. Then I thought as I looked closer that it looked like a giant bivalve mullusk. It was breaking through a hole in the ice and steam - like breath - was billowing out of it into the cold air. The thing was breathing I thought or it was connected to a heat source.

As I got closer the thing heaved itself out if the water and spun around - it looked like a giant tube worm or a sand worm from the novel "Dune." Its mouth morphed as it swung to face me and it now looked like a concrete tube - the tube thing then twisted around to face away from me and attached itself to some sort of motorized, round, floating mechanism - like its 'mouth' was meant for that purpose - and the tube thing was pulled away across this frozen lake.

Next part - close-up of deep water tubeworms clinging to the side of an underwater rocky shelf. Like the kind that grow around the openings of deep sea volcanic trenches.

Thoughts?