Thread: william atkinson

william atkinson

I was on amazon searching for books to read and this author came up. The books look just like my kind of read. I am surprised though I haven't come across it sooner. Has anyone read anything by this author?

2. Re: william atkinson

Yes, absolutely!

He's a well known and celebrated author on a variety of esoteric subjects. His work is dated from the early 1900's but is still of practical value today. You may be interested in reading an excellent book known as the "Kybalion" he wrote under the pen-name the "Three Initiates". It discusses the Hermetic understanding of the structure of reality and the natural properties that it contains in it. Although the use of language seems old-fashioned, It is an extremely direct and to-the-point style of writing.. I Highly recommended it if you're starting with his works.

Cheers,
    - Malathion.
    "Curvature of time - not a straight line." - Nik Turner.

Re: william atkinson

Yes, he also authored under other pseudo names, yogi ramacharaka...others too. Good reads...metaphysical bookstores carry his books.
    Of the end the beginning•In the beginning Our Self.

"I can tell you,when people cling to bitterness,there is nothing you can do about it,because it's how they define their power.If he [they] can learn to get power from joy, good-" ~ CFTraveler

"Kundalini is known by many names through different cultures, including The Cosmic Christ.
    I think there is only one mechanism built into all humans, but it has been given many names and interpretations." ~ Robert Bruce

Blog Entries

Oh, yes, he's very well known and lovely and his works are available online, for free (they're pretty old). I downloaded a few, but I haven't read them yet, since I've got too many other books on my list (I think I'm currently reading 3 books all at the same time, lol).
    My twitter inspirational quotes account
    "By your own effort waken yourself, watch yourself. And live joyfully. You are the master." —Buddha
    I am another you. You are another me.

I feel reminded that I had started the Kybalion a few years ago but never finished although it was an interesting read. Maybe should take it up again (have it as pdf, it's for free on the internet anyway, e.g. here http://www.kybalion.org/TheKybalion.pdf).
    This collector of useless clutter.