Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Eating and Energy Work

CraigS Guest

Eating and Energy Work

How long after you eat can you do energy work? Like eating a small meal compared to eating a large meal. I would figure about 2 hours but I wanted to know.

As far as I know it does not matter. Obviously it is hard to do both at the same time due to distraction.

The only issue might be if you feel sleepy after eating. This would make it diffucult to maintain a trance without falling asleep.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

CraigS Guest
    I was wondering because Robert Bruce states that energy work after you eat is very hard to do since alot of your energy goes into digesting the food.

Rhone Guest
    You should be able to do energy work at any time, since it can be done without requiring deep physical relaxation. However, physical relaxation does contribute to being able to move more energy and feel it better.

After you eat, your body is working on digesting, and this will inhibit any attempt to project. I thought that RB's comment about food was in relation to projection, not general energy work, but maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.

Anyway, if you are scheduling times for doing serious energy work, it would probably be best to do it no less than 1-2 hours after a meal. That's roughly how long it takes to digest.

Re: Eating and Energy Work

Quote Originally Posted by CraigS
    How long after you eat can you do energy work? Like eating a small meal compared to eating a large meal. I would figure about 2 hours but I wanted to know.
    In some hermetic practices you can input willpower and energy into the food you are eating as a training exercise. Check out Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics for the specific exercise.

Blog Entries

Re: Eating and Energy Work

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS
    In some hermetic practices you can input willpower and energy into the food you are eating as a training exercise. Check out Franz Bardon's Initiation Into Hermetics for the specific exercise.
    I believe this is the reasoning behind saying grace before eating- blessing your food.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Akashic_Librarian Guest
    I noticed that recently I have upped the ffort on my energy work alot and my appetite has gone up tremendously. I crave carbohydrates and I never had a problem with this before. does anybody experience this?

violetsky Guest
    Dear Akashic_Librarian,

Yup this happens to me. E-work definitely increases my appetite. Fortunately I have not put on any weight as a result. It seems to increase my metabolism as well.

Best Wishes,
    violetsky

Rayson Guest
    Sometimes this is a matter of individual affect. For some people, they may find that doing heavy energy work after eating is harder, or causes indigestion of some sort. Since none of the potential side effects are severe, I'd recommend playing around with it yourself in order to determine if you are effected, or not. Otherwise, I'd say after eating a normal-sized meal (not an American 18 lb steak sort of meal), 1-1.5 hours is good enough; wait 2-2.5 if you are doing some real intense energy work.

Just my thoughts (I'm not an expert here )

You can do energy work whenever you want. When you take in food or drink, you are taking in energy. When you breathe, you are taking in energy. The thing is, it is best not to try to make use of that energy after a full meal, like try to make an OBE attempt, lucid dream, perform magic, something like that, since that energy will be diminished by your hard-working digestive system.