Thread: Meditation ideas

violetsky Guest

Meditation ideas

This is something I did awhile back that had very positive effects for me.

I took the picture of an advanced spiritual practicianers and meditated on the picture. In other words, I had a fairly recent picture of the person I respected and gazed at the picture while emptying my mind of thought and reached out with my senses to feel the energy of the spiritual practicianer I wanted to connect with. That is all.

The Dalai Lama was my favorite famous person to meditate on. I felt that this exercise improved my energies. It seems like when we meditate on the picture of such people that their inner balance and energies have an affect on us. It is as if an energy connection is made to this person that helps us in our own attunement and balance.

So that is my meditation idea for today. I would love to hear other people's ideas.

Hugs and Best Wishes,
    violetsky

Rhone Guest
    That's a great idea for a meditation. I believe thinking about someone really does create an energetic connection, especially if you're concentrating with that as your intent. I've used that with a positive effect when away from my wife, but hadn't thought of meditating on a spiritual master.

I enjoy the Meditation on Twin Hearts, from the founder of Pranic Healing. Especially when done with sincerity and compassion, it generates a lot of positive energy--and puts it to good use!

thenomind Guest
    well, have you heard about "VIPASSANA MEDITATION"... Gautama, the buddha discovered it... it's just a lovely technique of meditation... google it .. to find more... && the chakra meditation is also effective one... which can be found on astraldynamics.com