Thread: Dreams filter through emotions

Blog Entries

Dreams filter through emotions

A few months ago I had a terrible dream that caused me to wake up sobbing. My dad was dying. He was physically twisted through the lower torso (imagine a flesh and blood cork-screw). Apart from our understanding that he would soon die, he was quite cheerful. I was devastated with grief and I sensed it was cancer.

So, I rang Dad (a dyed-in-the-wool-atheist, this-is-all-there-is, psychic-awareness-is-bunk kind of person.) I inquired about his health, subtly. He said he was about to have a postrate exam and those internal alarm bells rang.

The results have taken a while but he did have some cancer cells and there is a shadow on his liver (not surprising as he has been a heavy drinker his entire adult life). He's not dying, though it has to be closely monitored.

So the dream was prophetic but far more intense than the reality is (at least for now).

I believe this is what happens. We do pick up on situations but our emotional involvement with the subject matter of the dream affects its intensity. So, because I love my father and fear his death, the suggestion of Dad's illness becomes far worse, taking on nightmare proportions.

Similar stuff happens with good news so that I know when my sister or sister-in-laws are pregnant because I'm suddenly dreaming of breast- feeding a baby that's "mine" but isn't mine.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

cainam_nazier Guest
    I would have to yes, that is a very accurate point.

Our dreams are largely emotional in structure and deal with those aspects of our life that are normally under control, if only some in certain people, by the awake and rational mind. When we are awake we have a degree of control over our emotions. It is an entirely different thing when we are asleep. The emotions and thoughts we control durring the day have a free run and can mess with our mind in ways we are unaware of.

ranlinra13 Guest

Beekeeper - emotions in dreams

I believe you are correct, but how about an added reason. What if they are more intense in dream so that we respond? What if the dream is really showing us the true "hidden" danger? I don't want to discourage you, nor put any negative feelings attached to your dream with your father. But if it was my father, (which I've experienced similar), I would give extra distant healings to him, thinking that I was told for a reason - to help and that the doctors don't see as much as spirit.

Interestingly, my boyfriend does voice analysis and sound therapy. About 3-4 days ago, he asked me if I hurt my forearm after reading my voice print. I said, no - nothing - feels fine - you must be reading it incorrectly. Yesterday, my forearm started hurting. The voice print shows things that have not yet filtered down the astral bodies to the physical yet. Dreams are a similar indicator. Sometimes they indicate disease prior to filtering down to physical body.

Thoughts are with you and your father for the best.

Blog Entries
    Thanks both for your imput.
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    So, maybe meditation practices and non-attachment is the path to gaining clearer, more accurate dream messages?
    Williams)