Hi All,

I am new to this process of projection, but have been experimenting and exploring with consciousness for quite some time now. It has proved nothing but benefits. Recently, I have begun to study the process of atral projection, and while exploring in trance have been experiencing something fairly unique. I’ve searched for others with similar experiences, but have not found much to help with my re-occurring experience.

While in deep trance I am certainly getting to the point of losing sensory awareness, and have definitely reached a comfortable mindset where I feel ready to project. My consciousness begins to leave my body almost willingly without my own direction - personally, this marks the point where I feel comfortable with directing my consciousness out of my body with personal intent. However, the moment that I begin to start directing this process, I become extremely anxious and quite emotional. My mind’s environment fades to darkness, and I feel an intense pressure in the region that I would associate with my pineal. It is almost a painful sensation. My heart begins racing while still in trance, and my emotions run over me. I have begun crying nearly each time that I approach this point.

I am am interested to see if anyone has experienced similar phenomena while attempting to leave their body. I understand that it may not be for me, or even that I might just not be at a point of emotional/mental mastery to permit such travel. Regardless, I feel it is an interesting topic of discussion and that I may learn a lot by coming in contact with others interested in the subject.

I believe I’ve followed the proper regulations for the forum, but I’m a new user, and apologize in advance if that is not the case.

Power to you all, and I’m excited to hear your thoughts about my experience!