Thread: Emotion Prior to Projection

Emotion Prior to Projection

Hi All,

I am new to this process of projection, but have been experimenting and exploring with consciousness for quite some time now. It has proved nothing but benefits. Recently, I have begun to study the process of atral projection, and while exploring in trance have been experiencing something fairly unique. I’ve searched for others with similar experiences, but have not found much to help with my re-occurring experience.

While in deep trance I am certainly getting to the point of losing sensory awareness, and have definitely reached a comfortable mindset where I feel ready to project. My consciousness begins to leave my body almost willingly without my own direction - personally, this marks the point where I feel comfortable with directing my consciousness out of my body with personal intent. However, the moment that I begin to start directing this process, I become extremely anxious and quite emotional. My mind’s environment fades to darkness, and I feel an intense pressure in the region that I would associate with my pineal. It is almost a painful sensation. My heart begins racing while still in trance, and my emotions run over me. I have begun crying nearly each time that I approach this point.

I am am interested to see if anyone has experienced similar phenomena while attempting to leave their body. I understand that it may not be for me, or even that I might just not be at a point of emotional/mental mastery to permit such travel. Regardless, I feel it is an interesting topic of discussion and that I may learn a lot by coming in contact with others interested in the subject.

I believe I’ve followed the proper regulations for the forum, but I’m a new user, and apologize in advance if that is not the case.

Power to you all, and I’m excited to hear your thoughts about my experience!

Re: Emotion Prior to Projection

When you say anxious, do you mean you suddenly feel fear and are afraid of going on (exiting)?

Maybe it would help when you imagine (although actually I believe it is this way while we are alive) that you do never entirely leave your body but only send out a probe/drone to explore?

I have made good experience and with joyful anticipation, that is when I best project. In other words, put on a smile and be looking forward to the experience is the best strategy.
    This collector of useless clutter.

Thank you for your reply!

Your line of reasoning definitely parallels the way I consider the experience. Maybe I am mistaking excitement for anxiety. It is certainly a feeling of fear, but perhaps viewing the experience in a new way will change the way my emotions manifest. I’m certainly an individual who goes about his day with a heightened sense of anxiety, but I have learned to understand how valuable that is for me. I’ll try to change my perception of the emotions I am experiencing at the time of projection and maybe that will help me! I appreciate your insight, thank you. Everything is always better with a smile on my face!

When I first experimented with astral projection i heard shrieking and experienced a dark fear like it was not safe or something. When i think of why i can only say, when i did end up projecting successfully i was just not the type of person to be limited by normal beliefs and observations and that has made some of my astral-based realisations rather scary. for example i have had robert bruce's presence enter my being doing unfunny things in response to an observation made in the astral.

I can only say, i think your higher self is just urging you patience and caution and, like me, you will project comfortably in the end, but there are definately some mature spiritual principles to observe before you can just do whatever you feel like. one of them being that your will is good for example. or that spirituality is a respectful practice to your family. from my own experience... just teething problems. good luck

Blog Entries

In my experience, heart racing (or rather, heart center activation) can be confused with emotion, and can cause it (because it is scary to feel like your heart is about to come out of your chest.) Energy sensations become more pronounced in the transition, and immediately calm down after the exit. So yes, it's something that happens to almost everyone who is projecting out of their body, especially at first.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Olyris, I definitely understand what you’re saying. I personally feel that my own desire and curiosity will lead to a safe projection at some point: it’s probably good to take it slow at first. I feel I may be a person similar to the likes of you, and could probably benefit from learning a little but more about my own personal experience in the transition state before fully sending myself into projection. Maybe it will help calm my nerves.

CFTraveler, thanks for your response. Like I said in the above, I think I can benefit from familiarizing myself more with the transition state (because I’ve certainly reached it numerous times now) and perhaps observing my emotions/energy before projection to help myself become more comfortable with the experience.

All you guys have been of great help - your positive encouragement has kept my focus from drifting away from this subject. I’m eagerly waiting for the right time, but who knows when that will be. All I know is now I’m going to take it slow, and observe my heightened energies as I approach the point of projection.

Blog Entries

Good. Slow and steady, as the saying goes.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.