Thread: Is the Central Channel the same as the spine or 'Sushumna" in yogic practices?

Question Is the Central Channel the same as the spine or 'Sushumna" in yogic practices?

Hello All,

I am trying to devote myself to seriously working with the NEW Energy techniques. However, when it comes to 'running energy' I am confused. When Robert refers to the Central Channel, is that the spine and the energy conduit located in the spine called the Sushumna in yogic practices or is the Central Channel a conduit that runs through the center of the body and torso?

I see many posts referring to the Central Channel as the Sushumna but this is located in the spine. And, in one of the posts Robert clearly states that The Central Channel runs up through the middle of the body. These would be two different locations for the conduit connecting the Root chakra and the 7th chakra. So which is it?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

trmercury
    Chicago, IL
    Last edited by trmercury; 29th January 2018 at 12:00 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Is the Central Channel the same as the spine or 'Sushumna" in yogic practices?

It is the same, some people have different ideas about it. I remember Yogananda mentioning something about it, like it was 'generally' on the spine, as some parts of it are closer to the axis of the trunk. It might be helpful to consider that the Sushumna is not one point, but one region, it might be just large enough to include the spine.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Re: Is the Central Channel the same as the spine or 'Sushumna" in yogic practices?

Basically the whole spinal column.
    silly rabbit , trix are for kids .