Thread: Question regarding a Vision

1. Question Question regarding a Vision

A few years ago I travelled a lot and I was excited to know where I'd travel to next. I was meditating (sitting down, living room) and I suddenly had a vision that I was sitting on the ground in either France or Italy. The vision was so real that it felt like I could touch the buildings around me. I quickly told everyone about this vision because I felt like it was going to happen. About a month or 2 later I got a phone call. I won a trip to France! I entered a trip contest to go to France, many months before that. I entered one time and forgot about it. As I was getting ready for the trip I wanted to extend it. I had two options, England or Italy. I chose Italy. It was only the month before my departure that I suddenly remembered this vision and now I was going to Italy as well! It was a really fun trip

So about a year ago I had another vision. This time I was meditating while I was laying down on my bed. Prior to this I was thinking about a man I use to care about many years ago. Suddenly as I'm meditating, I see a vision of me lying on his chest! I was really surprised. I was lying on his left side then suddenly I was shifted to his right side and what I see next is the most surprising thing. I see a child, a little girl, 2-3 years old lying on his chest where I was previously (left side of his). She looks completely like him and is asleep. She looked so completely real that once again I felt I could just reach out and touch her. I can't shake the feeling that even though she looks nothing like me, that she is my kid as well! I knew this vision would end fairly soon so I decided to ignore the man and take all the time I could to memorize what this child looked like, what her face was like and what she was wearing. Then the vision ended and I was back in my bed. This man and I no longer speak I should say, and I'm very sure he's in a relationship etc.

I donno... I think about this vision often now and I know it's going to sound totally stupid but I often feel like I miss this kid. I just can't seem to shake it. I never really thought about having kids before until this happened. ...

what do you guys think of this? Have you had similar experiences? What came of them?

Blog Entries

Re: Question regarding a Vision

I have had similar experiences. Have been having things like that happen most of my life, but particularly since puberty.

As for the vision with the man, it could be precognition of some sort. Just because he's in a relationship now doesn't mean he will always be in one. It's been known to happen that former lovers reunite.

Or it could have been a glimpse into an alternative reality, of where you might have been, what might have happened. Or of what could still happen, given the right choices, etc.

The problem I've found with visions of this sort is that you never know until they happen. Sometimes that can be useful ("Ah, I dreamed this, this must be the right path!") and sometimes they really are not.

I could give a whole catalogue of dreams and visions I've had which later came to pass, but in slightly different ways than I thought they would (if I even thought they would). Most of the time, they have no purpose other than to be a little glimpse at some future event and when I get to it it's like, "Yeah, I knew this was going to happen" or similar. I wish my precognition was more useful, but it is what it is.

Anyway, I don't know how helpful that was to you.
    May the light surround you, may you be blessed. May the light surround us, may we be blessed. May love and light surround us all, and may we all be healed and blessed. And so it is, and so it shall be, now and ever after.

3. Re: Question regarding a Vision

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyWoman View Post
    I have had similar experiences. Have been having things like that happen most of my life, but particularly since puberty.

As for the vision with the man, it could be precognition of some sort. Just because he's in a relationship now doesn't mean he will always be in one. It's been known to happen that former lovers reunite.

Or it could have been a glimpse into an alternative reality, of where you might have been, what might have happened. Or of what could still happen, given the right choices, etc.

The problem I've found with visions of this sort is that you never know until they happen. Sometimes that can be useful ("Ah, I dreamed this, this must be the right path!") and sometimes they really are not.

I could give a whole catalogue of dreams and visions I've had which later came to pass, but in slightly different ways than I thought they would (if I even thought they would). Most of the time, they have no purpose other than to be a little glimpse at some future event and when I get to it it's like, "Yeah, I knew this was going to happen" or similar. I wish my precognition was more useful, but it is what it is.

Anyway, I don't know how helpful that was to you.
    Thanks for the reply ButterflyWoman! I appreciate it, it gave me something to think about

As for the guy, I don't think this is an alternative future... just because of how the past was. On the other hand I don't really see him and I realistically together, and I'm not sure I would have wanted to before hand either. I'm still mad at him a bit lol. But what threw me off was the kid. I could see her so perfectly real. Now this possibility changes things... I don't know.

I don't typically dream of the future. I never had that experience but I know it happens. When I was a kid my grandmother woke up crying one day because she dreamt I would have this impossible health problem. I remember consoling her then because I knew how unlikely that problem was ever to happen. And yet 15 years later it happened Still affects me to this day really. I know one of my siblings dreams of the future too but he doesn't really share it. I tried dreaming of the future myself, I thought "it's in my genes!" but when I tried all I did was, I dreamt of working at a Canadian electronics store called "Future Shop" haha. I guess dreaming the future is not for me.

But these visions in meditation sure get my attention. I wonder if I saw a glimpse of the future, it felt and looked so real! I don't know if it's him or if he's a symbolic stand in for something or someone else. I guess I have to be patient and wait and see, but I just want to know right now! I don't want to wait 15 years I don't have that kind of time left on these ovaries lol.