OBEs and medication

Hello.
I am interested in OBEs. I have been practicing William Buhlman’s visualisation technique for a few weeks.
Recently I came across Bruce and Mercer’s book Mastering Astral Projection. I have been following the daily instructions in this book for a week. I have also been reading Astral Dynamics.

The dilemma I have is that it is very hard for me to remember my dreams whatsoever. The reason for this is that i am on medication. I am a very big believer in taking medication. I gives me a very good quality of life, which I am thankful for. The downside is that I can barely remember dreams as if I didn’t have any.

At night I take my medication. I can function for 1 hour. Then I fall asleep. I rarely at all wake up during the night.
When I wake up in the morning, I am pretty sure I dream but I cannot remember anything of my dreams at all. I believe this is the medication’s work. The only hope I have is that something I see during the day triggers a dream memory.

I was wondering if there was anyone else who has had this problem and knows how to remedy it.
I am very dedicated to astral projection and I would like to be able to remember my dreams so that I can remember OBEs.

Tom