Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why I don't believe in the Voice of God

Why I don't believe in the Voice of God

Re: Epicurus -

Consider that, God is both willing and able to take away evil.
    "If God is unable to prevent evil, then he is not all-powerful. If God is not willing to prevent evil, then he is not all-good."

That's why I call them voices. These other aspects (unwilling, unable) do happen, can only indicate an impermanent power. Hence, self is the truth.
    That makes compassion "a universe," forgiveness "a law" --> Peace

According to psycholanalysis (I mean Freud and Jung) the action of analysis is not about to accept his voice as the true God. Frankly, the voice is not a very good witness of analysis itself. But on the other hand, there is a greater experience which witnesses it perfectly. It indeed works, to analysis something and notice a shift or change.

So I state my reason for not believing in The Voice: as
    "It would seem that God has many guises, none of which are about to become angry with analitical correctness. I would rather The One, than a varied and confusing many. I do not think that The One God is that readily accessible. So I withold."

So the mental chatter is voices to me, and God is the hearer of prayers instead. Big difference there, talking and listening. Thanks for listening. olyris

Re: Why I don't believe in the Voice of God

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    110:7.9 While the voice of the Adjuster is ever within you, most of you will hear it seldom during a lifetime. Human beings below the third and second circles of attainment rarely hear the Adjuster’s direct voice except in moments of supreme desire, in a supreme situation, and consequent upon a supreme decision.

110:7.10 During the making and breaking of a contact between the mortal mind of a destiny reservist and the planetary supervisors, sometimes the indwelling Adjuster is so situated that it becomes possible to transmit a message to the mortal partner. Not long since, on Urantia, such a message was transmitted by a self-acting Adjuster to the human associate, a member of the reserve corps of destiny. This message was introduced by these words: “And now, without injury or jeopardy to the subject of my solicitous devotion and without intent to overchastise or discourage, for me, make record of this my plea to him.” Then followed a beautifully touching and appealing admonition. Among other things, the Adjuster pleaded “that he more faithfully give me his sincere co-operation, more cheerfully endure the tasks of my emplacement, more faithfully carry out the program of my arrangement, more patiently go through the trials of my selection, more persistently and cheerfully tread the path of my choosing, more humbly receive credit that may accrue as a result of my ceaseless endeavors—thus transmit my admonition to the man of my indwelling. Upon him I bestow the supreme devotion and affection of a divine spirit. And say further to my beloved subject that I will function with wisdom and power until the very end, until the last earth struggle is over; I will be true to my personality trust. And I exhort him to survival, not to disappoint me, not to deprive me of the reward of my patient and intense struggle. On the human will our achievement of personality depends. Circle by circle I have patiently ascended this human mind, and I have testimony that I am meeting the approval of the chief of my kind. Circle by circle I am passing on to judgment. I await with pleasure and without apprehension the roll call of destiny; I am prepared to submit all to the tribunals of the Ancients of Days.”

https://truthbook.com/god/god-within-man

Thought adjuster is your higher self, which is god in every sense of the world

Hmm. That does make it sound like destiny is a lawsuit. Higher Self vs Human Incarnate... well, is the higher self [a] higher me, or [a] lower god? I think it should be the former.

Hmm. That does make it sound like destiny is a lawsuit. Higher Self vs Human Incarnate... well, is the higher self [a] higher me, or [a] lower god? I think it should be the former.
    The higher self is both you from the most ancient past, and the farthest remote future. And beyond time itself.

The universe is very organized, but mysterious.

I am curious about this book. Thx for info.

Ok so I have done some research on the urantia book including hearing from my hs (part of me more than part of god). here's the finding:

urantia book: michael cares, so we care... to call jehovah the great one!
    truth be told: care was one in the first place - some joe has gone and made that out to be funny.

now, michael in my voices is practicing pedophilia ("feeling you up and meaning it"), and joe has been trying to get me to bid him the house keys so he can kill me. i think i have known enough.

I understand the book is probably purely prophetic but when it starts playing things like "god was your higher self first" and "the ancient is the higher self not you" i have to let you know... that is the way things HAVE NOT been. so perhaps to read it would merely be to explore an alternative (broader, narrower, true, false or otherwise) avenue with faith, for myself. MY OWN higher self, is suspicious of the prophet, saying that spirituality was meant to be fundamentally (unbreakably, citing the lightbody) HUMAN.

Okay I put my self out ther for being laught out….my experience about the evolution of the soul or the essence of Life what is us….I have not read thid book more than glanced ...so I can understand what it is saying….I use my own Picture of what I have experienced so far...and this way I have understood it...

Our essence (the spark of God/Life/origin) has evolved through the all kingdoms...mineral, plant, animal, human...human and I use upwards to the more fine layers ...as I have understood it all layers have low, middle and high….all layers have own laws and own knowledge….and all layers have helpers to help human to evolve and get back to our origin home….As the book also tells that there is so much we do not know, but everyone has own experience and when we share we can fill in the gaps so to speak.

I understand also that much have bean destroyed by using like religions in wrong way, but everyone has to dare to go what feels right because I know what has happened in my Life....that I have had to admit that I have bean wrong so many times...and I also understand that the opponent in me has to evolve and learn to listen and follow instructions too and have both faith and trust that there are forces what do want all the best for me.…

I do get both intriguet and also alarmed to read with causion all information, but also trust own experiences when the text do speak to me so to say...to trust my gut ….and my experience.

I do also understand what it means that God/Life essence is so holy that he does not even mix with evil….but he teaches out what Love and Good is....and all the helpers do teach it out to us….and when we do get in touch with Love and Good...we do feel Godīs presence in us…

I feel this book to be very good read, I thank you for posting the link.

Love
    ia
    Core Affirmation: I am loved and I am worthy,
    I am safe and I am free.
    I am powerfully protected.
    I am master of my body and ruler of my mind.
    By Robert Bruce

Yes i agree with IA56. If Life is a dynamic learning and growing, realisation of love well that's what I hope so too.

I read the urantia website and hear telepathic? messages out of it saying "follow the text to the word" like "do it our way". i understand that can work well for some. i just hope it is not some sort of pseudo-cult or false prophecy, otherwise to each their own i don't mind.

Yes i agree with IA56. If Life is a dynamic learning and growing, realisation of love well that's what I hope so too.

I read the urantia website and hear telepathic? messages out of it saying "follow the text to the word" like "do it our way". i understand that can work well for some. i just hope it is not some sort of pseudo-cult or false prophecy, otherwise to each their own i don't mind.
    Robert Bruce has laid out the path of the master, and the catch basket concept. That alone is the one true way to find and experience truth. You will not find it in any book.

Itís up to you to filter through these books, and sources, and find what works for you on your quest towards growth.

What ever works to improve your life and bring you the highest knowledge, wisdom, and happyness, and experience possible.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast