I've never really gotton into ritual magick type stuff (and I've always stayed away from any dark themed stuff) but I got into reading an internet scanned version of his "Magick Without Tears" and quite enjoyed it. I like his olden-day British humor and he goes into a lot of interesting topics like astral projection, manifesting, yoga etc. It's hard to get facts about how evil he really was, with his and other's stories about his life being possibly fictional - IE, he tells a story about killing a cat when he was a boy which seems to me to be written for shock value and not really factual (At least I hope not) and I don't really know how abusive he really was to his followers/family. To be honest I'm just enjoying reading the book and his sense of humour. I don't want to fall down a rabbit hole of being interested in him if it's not right for me (or not right for anyone who wants to avoid negative energy).

I know Robert talks about Kraig (?)'s modern magick in his Self Defense book, which surprised me as I thought he was part of that whole occult genre and the kind of thing the book was about avoiding. I'm unsure now about magick, good and bad/unsafe magick? How Robert or you people here would discern the two? I know Robert and some here read Franz Bardon who I believe is seen as having a more moral/right path than Crowley or his "lineage"?

thanks everyone.