Thread: Question about where to do trance work / OBE exit training?

Question about where to do trance work / OBE exit training?

Hey all. Loving this book so far and I just started Week 7. No significant problems so far, but I do have a question. In the Week 5 chapter, it says "we specifically recommend that all your trance meditation practice be done in a hard-backed office or kitchen chair with no head support," but the authors talk earlier in the book about setting up a "bed, cot, or easy chair or some place where you can lie down comfortably", presumably for the actual OBE exit training. Does this mean that I'm doing my trance induction in the hard-backed chair and then getting up and moving to a more comfortable place to perform the body-loosening technique and OBE exit training? It seems like this would completely break me out of trance if I have to get up and move around. Otherwise, if I perform the trance induction while in the more comfortable place, I'm more likely to fall asleep, no?

How do you all do it?
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Blog Entries

Re: Question about where to do trance work / OBE exit training?

More than likely this is a recommendation to practice in the harshest of circumstances so that you can get into trance in the most difficult situations. Only a recommendation. I personally went with the recliner, and it has served me well. Don't worry about it.
    Last edited by CFTraveler; 17th April 2019 at 06:30 PM.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries

Hi,
    I started doing my trance work on a hard chair, on a comfortable chair, and on the bed. I would energy bounce anywhere I would have a few minutes; especially at night and get a good bounce going. I would get very strong vibrations.
    My success started when I would do my yard work and then come inside to rest a bit. My wife and I would kind of take a little Saturday afternoon nap on the couch. This is where I would do my relaxation and chakra excersizes. I would do the relaxation in my own way and energy bounce. I would trance almost instantly and the vibrations would start. I learned to "grab" the bounce, with my hands, at the right time; usually at the peak of the vibration; and "pull" myself out. It's amazing, because if the TV is on, the screen is black--I'm talking about an analog TV. I guess because of the Real Time Zone time difference. (It does have a slight time difference. Before the exit, I usually get Astral/Remote vision in the fish bowl type and 360 degrees.

The first time I projected, I consciously forced myself out by using Astral/Remote vision watching myself from a few feet away--then the consciousness went into the watcher--My Astral or Real Time body.

I know I've probably said too much. Just relax in a comfortable position and perhap pretend you are going to take a nap-----the drawback is: you my fall asleep. DO NOT LET THAT BECOME A HABIT--the actual napping part.

Grant

Thanks for the responses, guys. I've been trying my trance work & OBE exit from a prone position on my carpeted floor with a pillow as a headrest, but I don't think I've been getting deep enough into the trance state. I don't really get the "warm, heavy wave flowing through you" that Bruce & Mercer mention, but I do start getting disjointed and "loopy" thoughts reminiscent of the hypnagogic state--and that's about it. Do you have to visualize something like the elevator or being a leaf in order to induce this fully? Usually I just imagine that I'm falling backwards in an infinite black void or just focus on the sensation of falling itself as it seems easier. I guess I don't know when I should stop with the trance induction and move on to the body loosening/exit techniques (apart from setting a timer for the recommended 15 minutes, in which case I have to break out of my altered state of consciousness to turn it off).
    We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.