Thread: Pure magic: It's a fun way to survive.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Pure magic: It's a fun way to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    How the balance is achieved between both?
    What kind of great things?
    I'm basically thinking of Einstein and the darkness in relativity, or St Jesus and the crucifixion. A dark authority? Hell no, just not to be commonly dispersed, that spiritual authenticity...
    Speaking of pure magic, my most powerful magic been actually ouside, in the nature. When outside, I don't have to strain, and the effects tend to be instant. There's in my region today a "bad" wheather: pouring rain, foggy, very windy. I love such weather, as you can feel the power of qi in the air, which cleanses the previous energy and refreshes the whole area. I used it to call upon the five elements, the 5th being Light.
    But now I wonder: should I call Darkness as well as the 6th one?
    Good idea. Personally I theorise 7 senses. sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell, intuition and knowing. I suppose in this stich you could call the 6th darkness/awareness, and the 7th christ consciousness...

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    Good idea. Personally I theorise 7 senses. sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell, intuition and knowing. I suppose in this stich you could call the 6th darkness/awareness, and the 7th christ consciousness...
    I know that the Hindu and Tibetean ancient cosmologies made a references between senses and elements. Maybe it makes sense.
    But my view is that I wouldn't think of darkness - as an absolute extreme - as being a sense. Light is always needed for a sense. Perhaps for grounding or resting? Calming down the yang influence? Yet, all the other 4 or 5 elements consist already of both yang and yin, in different propotions (earth and water are more yin, i.e. dark).
    Another thing is that we live on the Earth, the Yin manifestation (not Yang); as long as we ara not like gods (able to elevate our awareness to "heaven" on demand), it seems like we live under a strong influence of Yin pole, rather than Yang - as the physical life was supposed to be. So perhaps Yin element, the darkness, needs to be balanced, by using for instance proper magic, and calling upon the other elements (than yin / darkness)? It seems to make sense to me to draw particularly energies being here in deficit, i.e. those coming from other than the physical (or Yin) dimension.

I have never thought of applying the Dao to the 6th sense, but however it appears to be possible. Picture this: "I intuitively sense probably no bad news with x related other" has light and dark in balance. It says, "i want, don't want, could want, but mightn't want." just like the Dao itself.