Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Big egos and dream interpretation

Interpreting our dreams will never be fully accurate if we are to try and assimilate their meaning based on concepts that would apply to our normal waking reality. Dreams often posess metaphorical and symbolic meanings that can only be understood as what they truely mean in the dream state itself. Afterwards, we're only left with a vague recollection of the true meaning behind our dreams.

I know I don't have an ego. People with extream intelligence, capabilities, and high moral character usually don't.
    LOL ... Please tell me that statement was a joke. =)

cainam_nazier Guest
    Quote:

I know I don't have an ego. People with extream intelligence, capabilities, and high moral character usually don't.

LOL ... Please tell me that statement was a joke. =)
    Ha ha.

I only half agree with you. Dreams do posess tons of metaphorical and symbolic meanings, but much of it based on things going on in a persons waking life. We have to understand more how our own brain thinks in order to understand the symbolism being used in our dreams.

But I would be lieing if I did not say that much of the work is based on an "educated guess". But as with most things the more you look at your own dreams and seek to understand what is going on the easier it to know for certain what your own dreams mean. But when dealing with other peoples dreams we can still only supply an educated guess based on how we understand our own dreams.

Peter19 Guest
    im not sure what the green hands could mean and as some peeps have allready said i think the most important thing would be your reaction to the green hands, and or just the colour like was the green very bright and lively an full of life or was it like you have just put your hand in a bin, and if you do that (get the job) you will be getting rubbish on your hands. but its only ideas.

i find dreams sometimes can tell you what is going to happen in a day or too. like prepare you for the future. one time i dreamed about me sister, and i asked her how much she had spent on her boyfreinds present and in me dream book i wrote down she said about 40 or 40 ish pound. and i think the next day when i asked her she said she spent 40 pound lol. its all good.

Alaskans Guest
    deleted by me

sleeper Guest
    I know i'm a year and a half late posting here, but I just joined the forums...

My first thought is to wonder whether you've solved your dream yet. My feeling is that you haven't, because it's too complex.

It seems, from your description, that you have complex feellings about your boss. He told you what you should do and you looked at your feet. How does he make you feel? I wonder if you want to hide your feelings about your job from your boss...

Green hands are weird. Have you meditated on them? was the paint wet or dry?

sleeper Guest
    I forgot to add...

I think ego is the number one barrier in dream interpretation.

Blog Entries
    Which is why I suck at it.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

sleeper Guest
    dream symbols really never worked for me, though i did have a lot of fun with them, and they did work for some other people around me.

I was telling this to a friend of mine, some years ago, and he gave me a meditation, which i still do, though differently.

Basically, I had to
    remember my dream
    do a meditation to get rid of my bad energy
    meditate on the dream

the meditation was simple, i sat in a circle of stones and felt the energy swirling around me, the energy of the stones. once i was grounded, i would reach inside myself and pull out my negative energy. I tried to visualize it as black. i released my bad energy into the swirling energy of the rocks, then the rocks would absorb it.

i did that meditation for a few weeks before i started to understand it. I thought I was supposed to suppress my thoughts, make my mind quiet. but this meditation silences the mind by releasing thoughts, rather than suppressing them. it was this realization that allowed me to go deep into my own dream interpretation.

blacktiger057 Guest
    Yes! My ego gets in the way of a lot of things.

I'd say I have a medium-sized ego. I usually am not one to brag about things, partly because I'm a little shy. But I set very high goals for myself and get very disappointed if I do not complete them.

It's good to here an interpretation of your dream from someone else's perspective because it gives you a different view than from what you might think it is about. They might even change your perspective on the dream.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3