Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big egos and dream interpretation

Blog Entries

Big egos and dream interpretation

Do you think that ego gets in the way of interpreting the messages from our dreams?

Up until a few days ago I subscribed to the "What does your intuition tell you your dream meant?" school. I still do but with some qualification. I think sometimes we let ego get in the way so we don't see the obvious, less flattering aspects our dreams are pointing out.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Ha ha- I have a huge ego- maybe that's why I can't interpret my own dreams for sh-t.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Blog Entries
    You're funny!
    Williams)

cainam_nazier Guest
    Interesting.

If you think about it they are after all OUR dreams. That in itself tends to make us think that they are all about us. Which isn't to say that aren't because they are but as with most things we tend to only see the good parts of ourselves or the at the very least the qualities in ourself that we can accept. It often takes an outside objector to see the qualities in ourself that we do not like or ignore because they don't seem to be "us".

I have always tried to take an objective view of my dreams. Knowing that they are not always there to flatter me. I don't know if I have always just had darker dreams than most or if it because that I have that kind of view I remember more of the "not so flattering" dreams.

I know I don't have an ego. People with extream intelligence, capabilities, and high moral character usually don't.

Blog Entries
    I know I don't have an ego. People with extream intelligence, capabilities, and high moral character usually don't.
    Okay, if I don't get anything else out of this thread, I can see I'm going to get a good laugh.

Here's what got me started. I had a poor recall night (in fact I had a run on them.) I read somewhere on this site about asking a question before sleep and seeing what dream answer came. I asked the question and got only a vision of my hands covered in green paint.

I decided
    Hand- can mean stop.
    Green-can mean go
    Message= Just make up your bl**dy mind.

I tell my friend (who always rejects my intepretations of his dreams, btw). He says, "Green is for jealousy."

I instantly reject this, not that jealousy is completely foreign to my psychological makeup (I'll require some of your perfection to rub off on me Cainam ). Then I think about it: has jealousy or envy held me back? Hmmm....
    Williams)

cainam_nazier Guest
    I dunno. I have always taken Green to be a positive color as it is a natural color. It would really matter how you felt about it and where the paint came from.

Other possabilities.

Hands mean stop, green means go, if you put the paint there then it could be your hesitant but feel you should go anyway.

Same,same but some one else put the paint there then your feel hesitant and some one else is telling you to go.

--------------

Hands mean stop, green means jealousy. You put paint on hands, then you know that you may be that way and feel you need to stop it.

Same, same, paint from some one else. Some one else thinks you act that way and labeling you as such and you feel you need to stop.

Same, Same, Same. Some one eslse thinks you act that way and you feel that THEY need to stop.

--------------

I instantly reject this, not that jealousy is completely foreign to my psychological makeup (I'll require some of your perfection to rub off on me Cainam ).
    It wouldn't hurt, but I don't think that the three of us could fit in the same room. That of course being you, me, and my ego.

sash Guest
    It's always been a common problem for me, but usually several interpretations still produce some form of insight.
    Dreams get you thinking about things in different ways, as long as the interpretation is pragmatic in relation to your current life events I would say it is accurate to some degree.

I'm not sure about there being any one absolute interpretation for every dream, but sometimes you just "know".

Blog Entries

Dear Abbey

Cainam,

You know every one of those interpretations is to some degree pertinent to the situation. (It's a complicated, long-standing situation.) I even think "green" could reference inexperience.

Anyway, another dream came along to mess things up even more. I'll ask you guys about that in a moment or two, if you care to play counsellor for me.

Sash, I completely agree with everything you've said.

Here's the current dilemma. I didn't actually want this thread to be about me as such but, what the heck. You can always stop reading now.

Let's say that sometime in the past (say 16 years ago) I followed my head instead of my gut (as I'm prone to doing) and took a job that didn't feel right because it was convenient. 16 years later, I've made the best of it, learnt a lot and, hopefully, did a lot of good. But, I feel that somehow I missed the best path, didn't fulfill my full potential (despite a teaching award) and suffered a lot as a consequence of the choice. So now, I'm a bit wary of mistakes (translate "cowardly").

Lately, several people have mentioned that I should pursue a particular (promotion) position at another school in our system. My chances of getting it are very good (I'm told) but I want very much to leave the system I'm currently in and this school has been referred to as our "poorer cousin." Poorer, I can live with, but cousin!

I've stringently resisted suggestions that I apply because my gut says, "No!" And there's a strong possibility that a job will come up with my old head teacher who went to another (independent) school. Black and white, right?

Then I have this dream. My boss is walking with me, pleading with me to apply for the position, telling me repeatedly that I'm needed there. Even in the dream I don't want to apply and I tell him so but eventually I agree - unhappily. (Then I look down and I'm wearing slippers - maybe a comfort zone thing).

So, do I apply?
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Forgot to ask you, Sash, if you wrote the poetry at the end of your post. I like it!
    Williams)

Blog Entries
    Feel free to ignore this, but this it what I get:
    Your gut is saying no, but you're getting dreams about this prof. that is convincing you. Maybe in real life he's been thinking of you and wants you to take it and you're getting that.
    This is what I would do: I would bypass messengers and ask God for a clear cut answer for what you should do. Be specific: " Tomorrow someone is going to come to me and comment on whether I should take the job"- and then expect an answer.
    The reason here is that I sense your reluctance- and your own subconscious may be getting in the way of your decision, because of the different thoughts and emotions you are having about this, so an answer like a dream may reflect what you want, but it also may reflect what you fear. So I'd ask for a clear cut answer that can't be misconstrued in any way.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast