Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Big egos and dream interpretation

Blog Entries
    Your imput is always welcome, C.F. This is an odd one for me: dreams and feelings in contradiction.

You said,
    Maybe in real life he's been thinking of you and wants you to take it and you're getting that.
    Maybe, as a passing thought, perhaps. He did mention it as a likelihood last year . I imagine he's been silent now because my leaving would be possibly inconvenient for him.

I will try your suggestion. Generally, I go straight to God, anyway. (Wonder if she's sick of me yet?)

If I apply and get an offer and the vibe is bad I'll say "No," in any case. And, hey, I'll have updated my resume for when the right one comes along.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Pilar Guest
    Hello, Beekeeper,

I personally find dream interpretation really confusing and usually end up over-analyzing myself into a muddle.

But what I am hearing you say as you speak about this issue is that 1) in the past you have sided with your head rather than your guts 2) you regret this 3) on the current issue your guts are saying "don't apply"

I would encourage you to make an alternative choice to what you've done in the past, because...oh hell it could just be terrific!! Go with your guts!! At least you'll know, and you'll feel satisfied. It sounds like, from your own interpretation of the hands/paint dream image and your own description, you become divided when faced with a decision between your head/guts. I can relate to this! It is really excrutiating! Being divided is not meeting your needs for peace and ease within yourself.

Perhaps the question to ask & answer is what decision would bring you back into oneness with yourself, into a state of peace and ease?

love & light as you work out your inner struggle,

Pilar

Fliesatnite Guest
    May I?

Here's my .02 for what it's worth. Take a step back, inhale... deeply.
    At some point someone will either say something, or offer some type of information that will either make you take a step forward or stand still.

It would seem to me that you already have a lot of anxiety about taking this position, if it's troublesome already then why would you consider it? If it's meant to be all the pieces will fall into place and you will know in your 'gut' what to do.

Perhaps you could sit down and, as corny as this sounds write down all the positives and negatives of changing positions? That way it's clear and logical instead of trying to interpret what a possible dream might have meant. Something like this is way too important to put an emphasis on dream analysis.

On the other hand: green and hands dream interpretation?

hands = working and craftsmanship
    green= lucrative

Bottom line is I think you already know what you should do. Updating your resume is always a good thing to have around.

As far as God being sick of you? Nah She's pretty patient with us human folk!

Blog Entries

Feeling guilty about burdening you with my issues

Thank you both Pilar and Fliesatnite,

I am grateful and have given much consideration to what you've said.

Pilar said:
    I would encourage you to make an alternative choice to what you've done in the past, because...oh hell it could just be terrific!! Go with your guts!!
    Seriously, I plan to. I guess I formed my opinion on this school long ago and it's not based on more than an impression but if I don't like the vibe I truly won't accept any offers. (If I get one)

As for coming back to oneness, time out (say a year) would do it.
    It's hard to really know until you try though. I think a lot about moving on but, as you can imagine, there are a huge number of powerful attachments to people and it's not always easy.

Fliesatnite said,

At some point someone will either say something, or offer some type of information that will either make you take a step forward or stand still.
    I agree. Hasn't happened exactly yet so I'm proceeding with caution. (Waiting for that message from God. Out of the blue my sister rang. I played a game: "Say yes or no." Without hesitation she said yes. Variation on tossing a coin. Stupid, I know.)

Perhaps you could sit down and, as corny as this sounds write down all the positives and negatives of changing positions?
    I haven't written them down but believe me I've considered them (being a head-directed sort of person). Sometimes it's not the quantity on the for or against side but the intensity of the pro or con, if you know what I mean.

Something like this is way too important to put an emphasis on dream analysis.
    Such is the common wisdom but my dreams have been incredibly accurate as a guide so it's hard to ignore them. I dreamt last night that I had taken the job and it felt strange and foreign to me. Wasn't blissful but wasn't horrible. There was a feeling of space around me which I appreciated.

hands = working and craftsmanship
    green= lucrative
    Hmm, like the sound of that.

Thanks again. You've all been incredibly thoughtful.
    Williams)

Blog Entries

Postscript

That application was supposed to be in by today. I just couldn't do it. I feel good about that decision!
    Williams)

Pilar Guest
    Oh, that is interesting to hear. Thanks for letting us know your decision! It sounds like you DID find some peace

Pilar

ranlinra13 Guest

egos and dream interpretation

I believe that the interpretation of a dream is with the dreamer. I believe that others could "connect into the dream" and help the dreamer see past their blocks, but only as a suggestion. The dreamer than decides whether to accept this information or not.

I also believe that the symbols mean different things according to the context of the dream and what is happening in the dreamers life.

If I have been physically worried about my health and see spiders in my dreams, I would first ask myself "how did I react to the spiders?" Did I talk with them, did they show me a sacred spot, Was I afraid of them? If they were crawling on me, I was frightened, and I wanted them off, or maybe they were feeding off me, I would then use my association of spiders as a precurser to cancer. So then I would take the healthy steps to prevent this.

On the other hand, if I were working on sacred spaces and working with a Native American Elder on respect to all life. I would try to get past my fear of spiders, try to talk with the spider and understand that Grandmother spider is a weaver - a weaver of creation.

I do believe our ego (which are also there to protect us) could stand in our way of seeing the "truth" in our dreams. But I also believe that there are many truths in one dream. An emotional/psychological truth, a map for our physical life to make it better, an intellectual/learning meaning and others.

I believe that one should not force their meaning of a symol or a dream onto a dreamer, but merely suggest a different meaning for the dreamer to investigate.

Thanks

shanti guru Guest

Re: Big egos and dream interpretation

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    Do you think that ego gets in the way of interpreting the messages from our dreams?

Up until a few days ago I subscribed to the "What does your intuition tell you your dream meant?" school. I still do but with some qualification. I think sometimes we let ego get in the way so we don't see the obvious, less flattering aspects our dreams are pointing out.
    our ego has become a tool of curruption!

Jesse Rose Guest

Oh the many layers

I hope you don't mind me, the newbie on campass trying a stab at this one. I see so many layers though I have to shout it out, I must admit i didn't finish reading the discussion but....

I think dreams are layers and layers and layers. Some we can see objectivly, and some are so far down we don't know they exist. We only realize that we had this inner knowledge all along once it is placed in front of us. Hindsight and all. I just think that info that we can't see objectivly we do know the answer but it is on file per se, or maybe more like one of those funny paintings...that you can stare at forever...but never quite find the big picture.

On the dream, well, I know it was five years ago now probably so you don't remember, but something i didn't see yet was the meaning of cover. Well, a cover can be quite a comforting thing, security blanket, but it can also be quite suffocating. Like paint for instance. I think when you worry about the green for security financially, your life giving force loses it's energy. Because while Green works great as a blanket against financial tides, it leaves you feeling covered in a matter that is inorganic. Like paint for instance. Thus causing a tug of wars of sorts with your concious and subconcious minds. I notice that almost all aspect of the dream can be linked to eachother...kind of, remember, i am new at this

Cover - security blanket - money - green - hands, well, they bear your fruits of labor. Maybe any search for anything soley on the means of a security blanket contigency only ends up covering and smothering aspects of you. Green, well, that can mean jealousy, envy and go all at the same time. They link too, maybe either your material and non material mind are envious or jealous that one cannot see the other and in opening that doorway....can you experience the Greeness, (growth of life)

okey dokey, might have been an overanalyze for ol jbird here...but I am just learning to drive so...

Blog Entries
    No Jesse Rose, it's all good. Still really glad I didn't go for that job!!

I totally agree with the "layers" thesis. The longer I keep a dream journal the more I realise some amazing stuff is going on.
    Williams)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast