Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: MAP Start-up Group

Spite Guest
    Great website Pilar!

I haven't taken Yoga before or anything, but I have done a few excersizes here and there. I wanted to go to a yoga class, to meet some women....and maybe learn some yoga ...jk. With this website though I think it'd be a good start.

Also, about dreams...I read somewhere that writing down a sentence to a paragraph of what you want to have happen during the night will greatly effect your dream mind. Just write something down and keep it in mind while you drift off to sleep. I haven't tired it personally, but it may help your situation.

Have you tried using a dreamcatcher as well?? Those are supposed to catch bad dreams.

Well anyways, best wishes,

Spite

Gilo Guest
    I think the Yoga link will be good as I have found that starting a meditation in the first couple of weeks encouraged me alot as well as immersing yourself in AP topics like reading this website or getting as many books as you can on the topic, I presume it helps keeps the idea at the front of your mind.

Having abit of a blank spell with the dreams for the past couple of nights, just cant remember them, I know I had one last night because I have memories of waking in the middle of the night after a dream and saying to myself I must remember this but come to fill out the details this morning and its not coming too me, looks like I will be racking my brains the rest of the day until I remember

Pilar Guest
    I am also finding the yoga/meditation a boon to my ap practices along with chi gung etc --basically anything that enhances skills of raising energy and stabilizing the mind. I personally am finding reading the forums isn't a good idea because it fills my head with too many of other people's experiences and sets up an expectation for me that I am also going to have bad/frightening ones. So I'm not reading the boards anymore. Just trying to build my own practice from scratch and keeping it peaceful and positive. I also found I was wanting to set a goal for myself in doing this--which gives my practice a personal focus.

Spite Guest
    Yea I stay away from alot of the negative stuff. I usually just find good topics and stick with them. Just keep up with the program and be happy, all will be well.

While I'm usually know as a "fluffy bunny", "love and light" type, I do think it's a good idea to be aware of what you might encounter in the astral. If you can learn about it, not get wrapped up in fear about the negative possibilities, then you won't be afraid when something happens that is normal, but a lot of new people take to be negative. For instance, the "Dweller on the Threshold" is a classic example of something that can be terrifying for anyone not familiar with it.
    http://www.saltcube.com/out-of-body/cha ... ?t=sp-fear

On the other hand, I wouldn't recommend reading the Possesion and Serious Neg Abuse forum for beginners. Those cases are the extreme's of what can happen and are pretty rare. One important thing to know, though, is that we can create our own "thought forms" in the astral that can scare the living daylights out of us. If you are fearful, scary things might just show up that you created yourself from your own fears. Being aware of this can make it go away. The best way I've personally found, is too laugh at something scary. For me, it always instantly disappears.

If you travel the astral enough, you are going to come upon something a bit scary. That's the reason that all philosophies of meditation teach opening up in protection. The least of which is surrounding yourself with white light. Think about it this way, would you go to a mall parking lot at night, in the dark, leave your doors unlocked, go inside the mall, come back out with your head down, fumbling around for your keys with your wallet/billfold in plain sight and get in your car without looking around you? Don't you lock your doors before leaving first, keep your purse/wallet tucked safely somewhere, and look around you not only to be aware of what/who is around, but also to let them know that you are alert and aware? If you don't do those things, you've probably never lived in a large city. Or had your car broken in to. The point is, it's wiser to be aware of the negative possibilities, take intelligent steps to guard yourself against them, then go about your business with confidence and not get wrapped up in fear about what "might" happen. You can't change the astral by not believing there isn't anything negative out there. But, you can change your attitude or fears by educating yourself, taking some precautionary steps, and then, fearlessly moving forward, ready for exciting adventures.

On that note, I thought I'd post a link to one of the best ways I've found to protect yourself from anything. It's an Alex Grey art, video clip that is about kundalini, but I personally use it as a visual for myself whenever I'm in a situation that is a bit scary. It's all about personal power and my belief that we are eternal and indestructible. It's stops everything in it's tracks, whether it's my own thought forms, or something else. I don't worry about it, I just use my power visual, and, poof, scary thing gone. Hope it helps someone else, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyzIKDVxw3Y

Spite Guest
    That was a cool movie. And your points on being aware of negative things that possibly could happen is a good suggestion.

I guess I can be a little light headed when suggesting things. I've been doing this for a few years now and I don't really even think about alot of those things that happen when beginning the projection process. I still even need work on some fundamentals, like remembering. I lose sight of some things that become natural; I guess thats why I'm doing MAP again.

Good Day,
    Spite

Pilar Guest
    Hi there,

I have a history of really frightening experiences in the astral (and physical too!) so am trying to retrain in that regard. Have gotten alot of helpful info on the site, mostly confirming others have seen what I have.

Enjoyed the video !! I recognize the image from 'Alex' (moderators) avatar?

Inspiring images!

I am on day 8 now and am getting better at integrating the MAP with my yoga-meditation-chi gung practice. Having fun!

Any new smells/experiences anyone ?

I'm having success removing blockages in various places and battling off a night-visitor I have had for awhile. Finding my Buddhist meditation practice coming in very handy. Things are going well.

ps-what happened to TonyC and Charles?

Pilar

Pilar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painterhypnogirl
    While I'm usually know as a "fluffy bunny", "love and light" type,
    pps--not sure, but perhaps someone pointed this out about you in the past as a sort of criticism? but I wanted to affirm that taking a positive approach to difficult situations is a good character trait, and often a sign of having overcome alot of adversity, (which is definitely not 'fluffy bunny'!!) and from reading other posts of yours, is sounds like you are that kind of person--a good quality to have!
    P

Im always around . Just havent had time to update my experiences here on the forums. Keeping up between the group is just as time consuming as doing energy work, But dont let that fool ya I like chatting and going over experiences with people even though they may be different than my own. Well today im on Day 8. I decided to take some days to go back over what I had already learned and in doing so increased the rate at which I can relax and move energy around my body. I do believe that it is in my best interest to continue with the program again. I was just making sure that I had everything down. I will probably be updating here every 4-5 days in one big post so that I can have more time to devote to my excercises and Group emails and chat. I am also doing the Gateway Experience throughout all of this as well.
    "The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil"
    Cicero

Pilar Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyC
    Keeping up between the group is just as time consuming as doing energy work,
    ..and quite addictive, I am finding

I started week 2 over again because I just felt like I needed to slow down and spend more time on my energy work. So I am redoing day 8 today. Seems like my dream-memory goes in fits and starts. I have noticed this for years now and I wonder if there are correlations with the moon-phases and dream recall?

I just finished my sponging exercise and so at the moment I am vibrating, whole-body.

Feels weird Like I'm a spaceship, about to take off!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast