Hey Grant, that is quite the experience. I've been amazed at how there is always something new to discover or experience the more we continue down these paths. So just to rule this out as a possibility, this wasn't a false awakening was it? After you said goodbye did you continue off to work and had full continuity of waking life from that point? Many lucid dreamers will think they've woken up and go about their normal routines only to discover at some point they are still in the dream. I'm guessing though if this was the case you'd have posted about it, but just wanted to double check. Otherwise, that's very interesting. Was it another traveler from another time period who happened to sync up with you in some way. I've been thinking lately if it'd be possible to have an awake and LD moment at the same time. If these are based on brainwave states, would it be possible to keep part of yourself in the dream while being awake, enough to create a kind of overlay on your waking world. Plenty of reports out there of meditation experts being in a deep Delta state yet still somewhat functional, even more reports of folks in Theta and being much more functional. I think there are endless possibilities that we possess that have not been discovered yet.