Quote Originally Posted by scymitar72
Good stuff Alex.

Regarding what SD mentioned about the love factor & self healing; I think I can relate to this very well. Back in San Diego, I was in a horrible situation - I was under heavy attack and had no real love in my life at all. The boyfriend who was helping me financially was about as loving as a rabid wolverine, lol. He would frequently take part in my attackers attempts to harm me - he would insult me, be abusive towards me, and helped keep me on Meth & Alcohol.

Suffice to say, the situation was extremely loveless. I had been driven into seclusion, where this guy was one of about two people I would interact with. I felt so hopeless, I tried, I really did, but would fall back down so fast. Then, after much wishing for him, my kitty, Rockie, found me, he was very ill when he came to me and I nursed him back to health. I had known somewhere deep inside that I needed Love in my life if I was going to heal, I tried telling this to my boyfriend, but, he would just treat me like I was insane.

Anyway, this little cat came into my life and it wasn't but about 6 months later I finally mustered up the courage to walk away from that situation and move 1800 miles away to Seattle. I give much credit to Rockie for hearing my heart's calling and helping me to help myself. Lots of people say "he's just a cat, Mary", but, he is so very much more to me than that. We saved eachother's lives and I will forever be grateful to him for helping to rekindle the fires of love inside my own heart.

This might be a silly example, but, I think it sort of applies to what SD is trying to say. If you are alone and without love in your life, healing is very difficult, if even possible at all.
Thanks for sharing, Scymi, that is a very encouraging and uplifting story. Thank goddess for cats, that's all I have to say! lol