Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Global consciousness project

Rob Guest
    I really think that we need a structure for these focus groups. In all the circles I have been involved in, there was always a structure of some kind. We are still a very young group and always learning, but here is my proposal, the structure so to speak.

We all gather in MSN talk for a bit, just to link up with each others energies, so to speak. Also any wishes that a group member has can be raised. For example someone might want help with their Astral Projection; another person might request healing for their dad.

Then we ask if everyone is ready, when we get a yes from everyone, we then ask that all disturbing thoughts and outside influences are left behind, for the duration of this circle gathering, call it what you like.

Then we start with an opening prayer, something on the lines of:

We ask God/Goddess, spirit, our guides, whatever you feel most comfortable with to be honest.
    That we may be blessed and that we may receive knowledge and understanding about our own development and also that as a group.
    We ask for guidance so that any healing/work we do is performed to the best of our abilities and helped on its way. So that we are protected from any external forces that would hinder our work as a group.

You get the idea, we could take turns to type an opening prayer if people wished.

Then we cast a circle around the whole group, for protection and focus.

Next we raise the energy; we seem to be quite good at this already. When the whole group feel that enough energy has been raised, we then commence with the work in hand.

Once our work is finished we send the remaining energy into the planet the universe and the spirit realm, with the intention that it goes to places where it is needed most.

Next we say a closing prayer, something on the lines of:

We send thanks to God/Goddess, spirit, our guides for being with us and in helping to protect and guide us. We ask that all members of the group receives peace, love and light and understanding.

Then we close the circle and talk about our experiences and anything else we wish to talk about, people may leave at this point if they don’t want to discuss anything.

That’s my idea anyway, what do people think about it?

Peace
    Rob

Rob Guest
    I like the map idea Pilar, would be useful to also have time zones on there.

As for your idea about a meditation without MSN, I’m terrible at keeping appointment so to speak, so could we use MSN as a reminder to let people know that we are going to be doing the meditation is say 5 minutes time. Then we would all do our own meditations and then we would come back onto MSN and talk about it.
    How does that sound?

Peace
    Rob

Jaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob
    That’s my idea anyway, what do people think about it?
    Sounds good Rob

Pilar Guest
    Yes, Rob, I like what you have proposed. I enjoy the chatting and bonding, and I am also wanting some structure and peacefulness to the meditation. Would you be willing to post that nice opening intention from yesterday?

Rob Guest
    The opening affirmation was taken from the gateway experience.

I am more than my physical body. Because I am more than physical matter, I can perceive that which is greater than the physical world. Therefore, I deeply desire to Expand, to Experience; to Know, to Understand; to Control, to Use such greater energies and energy systems as may be beneficial and constructive to me and to those who follow me. Also, I deeply desire the help and cooperation, the assistance, the understanding of those individuals whose wisdom, development, and experience are equal to or greater than my own. I ask their guidance and protection from any influence or any source that might provide me with less than my stated desires.
    Peace
    Rob

Dsmoke Guest
    Yes, I find it very difficult to concentrate on meditation while instant messaging. It would be easiest if we could at least have a 10 minute stretch of silence where we could all meditate uninterrupted, or do as Pilar suggested and do something offline.

A map would be helpful, as well as availabilities and scheduled sessions. I'm afraid I may not make many of the meditation sessions because I work all day, and my schedule on nights and weekends varies. But I'll try to be there when I can if there is something I can schedule, rather than something improptu.

I should warn you that anything ritualistic doesn't agree with me, so if "casting the circle" is the standard sort of Wiccan or ceremonial magic style casting, I probably won't join in, but I'll do something of my own that works towards the same end.

Pilar Guest
    Yes, and yesterday was a little wacky because we were having trouble getting some members set up, some folks were already partway into a meditation while others were just joining, there were multiple conversations going on, etc. So some structure will be nice. I also like to keep to my personal practices, dsmoke, and don't see why there would be any problem with you doing this as well. We all practice separately and joining together should be an interesting collaboration where everyone shares from their unique p.o.v. I think Rob has a history of wiccan practice, and so that is his method, in part. I think Alex is big into bouncing up and down outdoors But we can all contribute in our own way. I do buddhist sitting meditation and shamanic chi gung, myself. I have just been stepping away from the keyboard to do my own practices and then coming back to chat. It is a very nice group, I must say. Very beneficial. ~aloha Pilar

Jaco Guest
    Yeah, everyone has his own way of sending energy, concentrating, helping...
    If it will be done with good intentions and pure heart, it should be fine whatever the method is, I hope...
    I personally use reiki and NEW and try to send my purest love and light through my heart, I hope it's a good way We'll see

Pilar Guest
    sounds wonderful, Jaco!

I'm going to speak out on behalf of all of us who've met so far and say...CFT and Tom, we'd love if you would join in! We could certainly all benefit from your unique energies and skills. That goes for anyone else who would like to be a part (regularly or on occasion).

atomheart Guest
    I think once we get a forum set up and everything, things will get more organised.. anyway this is a work in progress and we're still in the beginning! I'm definitely feeling a connection growing, u guys n gals have beautiful energies..

As for the site Alex go ahead with coding and everything, and then I come back to it to arrange the layout, headers etc.. This is the last week I have some real free time in my hands so I'm going to work on the other pages and make some templates but it would be good if you told me what u have in mind with the blogs forums etc...

Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast