Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lack of Motivation? and Was this anything?

Mithril Dragoness Guest

Lack of Motivation? and Was this anything?

Can my sometimes lack-of-motivation be due to noise while I try to meditate/attempt energy work or could it be something deeper? Is my lack of concentration possibly contributing to this problem? All responses welcome, please (I'd greatly appreciate it!).

Also, last night I was having trouble sleeping, so I decided to fool around with my mind and attempt to indcue astral projection without having reads up on techniques or even practiced beforehand. Yes, I guess I was rather bored. Anyhow, I got some light tingling with some random visualization, and my heart was somewhat racing, though not so much as to be expected. I'm not really sure if what I felt was a falling sensation, but it was something...and, having no prior experience, my mind wandered or something and I was left with rapid eye movements and a beating heart. So I calmed myself with some other random visualization, and only then could I be calm enough to sleep. Was this anything, or did my body just get worried and confused? Or was it self-induced? (All suggestions helpful).

Doood, I can so relate to the lack of motivation thing. Sometimes I wonder if it is friction/resistance from some part of ourselves not wanting to evolve.

I think something was going on with you. The racing heart thing could be your heart chakra opening up or being active or whatever you call it, lol. Sometimes energy work will do that. I've also heard this can happen when you are working on learning to OBE/AP.

Sort of Unrelated Side Note : My heart pounds sometimes when folks read my posts. I've noticed it with PHG and CF in a big way *waves hi*. Try paying attention to when your heart does that and what pops into your mind at those times.

As for the tingling, that can happen with energy work too, means your doing it right. Random visualization? What kinds of visualization?

Funny you said you couldn't sleep last night, I couldn't either. Man that is frustrating!

Pilar Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pilar
    Quote Originally Posted by scymitar72
    My heart pounds sometimes when folks read my posts.
    yep-I can be walking somewhere and I suddenly know someone is reading my post. freaks me out. I have since developed the habit of going back on-line and deleting them after I've written them is this the sign of a weak aura do you think? or just an overly -anxious person??
    Actually, it was explained to me that this is awareness opening up. I think it's awareness through your heart chakra.

I like it, I think it's pretty cool and a huge affirmation that this stuff is real, lol.

Lordofthebunnies Guest
    Lack of motivation is, I have noticed, one of the very worst hinderances to getting into this stuff. At times its so odd. I REALLY REALLY want to astral project and explore the spiritual side of the universe, and yet, its always so much easier to just surf the net or play video games.

Its the reason I've decided to focus on self-change, not just the seeking of novel experiences (which, I am thinking, may be a subconscious stragedy of avoiding the full engagement in life).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scymitar72
    Sort of Unrelated Side Note : My heart pounds sometimes when folks read my posts. I've noticed it with PHG and CF in a big way *waves hi*. Try paying attention to when your heart does that and what pops into your mind at those times.

As for the tingling, that can happen with energy work too, means your doing it right. Random visualization? What kinds of visualization?
    *waves back* Interestingly, sometimes I feel that tingly-back-of-the spine feeling when people read my posts, and sometimes when I read energy related posts too.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Rob Guest
    That is so true about the lack of motivation, and I thought it was just me that suffered with it.

Peace
    Rob

sash Guest
    Everyone can suffer from it. There is a trick of having a short spiritual experience that is quite powerful, but cutting it off (such as after a short meditation). This tricks the mind into wanting more and reduces lack of motivation.

Mithril Dragoness Guest

Thanks to All!

Wow, so it really might have been something! That makes me feel so much better, and I think I've got some motivation in store for later on tonight!

For a while, I thought the lack of motivation was something only I was plagued with, because of some default that wouldn't allow me to reach a wonderful world beyond my human existance. Now I know that this isn't true at all, and I am glad that I posted this topic! Success stories and inspirational moments like this help a lot when you aren't feeling motivated (to all who get the same feeling I do).

And, by random visualization, I literalkly meant it. All out of my head, plus combining my "fraud" playthings of my mind with an online techinique. I probably won't do that again, because I really need to do energy work and become proficient before I try to yank myslf out of my body.

Thanks everyone! I should be on this site MUCH more often now!

orbit1 Guest
    It's so ironic that we can suffer from motivational issues on this subject. From an outside observer's point of view - we are RELAXING and doing nothing! And yet, sometime's it's difficult.

My biggest motivational help with any topic is to read about it frequently. My most active time with lucid dreams was several years back when I read several books on them. When I stopped reading, I lost motivation. That's why I visit this site every day - there's so much inspiration that you really want to experience what everyone else is doing.

Best of luck!

-Michael