Thread: I want to know more about this technique

I want to know more about this technique

http://www.astraldynamics.com/newsle...first-try.html

I tried waving my hands in front of my face with my eyes closed, but I cant see anything in my peripheral vision. Does anyone have any advice as to how I could get this to work?

Blog Entries

Re: I want to know more about this technique

You start out very slowly, sit with your eyes closed for a while, and slowly lift your arms, not so much in front of you, but with your arms slightly open, at an angle. When I discovered this (quite by accident, before Robert wrote about this) I was meditating, when I thought I could see the room in my perpheral vision, as if I had two patches in front of my eyes but still could see through the edges. This is what made me lift my hands to see if I was actually seeing what was there and not some werid brain memory thing. And I was surprised to see I could see the impressions of my hands and arms (and legs if I was in the correct angle). Moving my hands clinched it.
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

This seems to be connected to the Seeing-Without-Eyes training?
    (turn on English subs for this documentary)

This collector of useless clutter.

Being able to see spirit energy in my peripheral vision with my eyes closed is what really matters. I've received messages from Oracle cards that imply that doing this will activate what is best described as a very important spiritual transformation that I've been trying to undergo, but I just can't do it. I'm to prone to doubt and fear and if I'm going to do this I need to find some way of reaching a point where I can't back iut of it. Being able to back out of it is the thing that always prevents me from doing this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dane View Post
    Being able to see spirit energy in my peripheral vision with my eyes closed is what really matters. I've received messages from Oracle cards that imply that doing this will activate what is best described as a very important spiritual transformation that I've been trying to undergo, but I just can't do it. I'm to prone to doubt and fear and if I'm going to do this I need to find some way of reaching a point where I can't back iut of it. Being able to back out of it is the thing that always prevents me from doing this.
    Maybe you need to dissociate with limiting beliefs such as "to progress spiritually I have to do A or B". Spiritual progress is not in the psychic phenomena, it's in the outlook on life. Psychic phenomena helps us to 'see' more, but it's not an end in itself.

I have been practicing trying to see my body without using my eyes to learn to see without my eyes. I'm probably not the right person to give instruction here. I've read on psi-encyclopedia that in the orient it is assumed that they will develop mystical powers doing mystical training, but that they avoid proving what they can do to avoid doing something that would be bad for their training, or something like that.

I could say some of the things Rudolf Steiner said in his book on achieving knowledge of higher worlds. Maybe Rudolf Steiner lied about some things, who am I to know?, but maybe his instructions were good. He said that the person undergoing mystical training may notice how little interest his teacher shows in reports of the student's mystical experiences. He said you should avoid making up your mind on what you have experienced, and maybe he said to avoid putting it into words. He said it's like if you heard an account of an event, and you made up your mind then, but later when hearing a different account of the same event you had all ready made your mind up after the first account.

But also in this learning to see without eyes thing it looks like they do fine talking about it and demonstrating that they can see without using their eyes, so I have a question of my own - would anyone say it should be fine for people to talk of their own experiences learning to see without using their eyes?

Again I'm probably not the right person to give instruction, but if you want to learn to see spirit energy specifically then maybe Kendo would be your thing, if you can find a teacher who talks about chi, so that you learn to sense your opponent's energy. Or maybe Judo if that has it too? Kendo is from Kenjutsu, Japanese sword fighting, but it has less in it than the older sword fighting, so I think it's inferior for learning sword fighting, but it's said to be spiritual. Not to say that I have any experience of this though.
    The thing about seeing your arm in your peripheral with your eyes closed, I'm not sure why it has to be in the peripheral and not the centre, again I might not be the right person to give instruction but I think having a lack of belief is best, and not believing that it can't be in the centre of your vision as well, apparently you can develop 360 degree vision even. My guess is that the reason is that Robert Bruce has taught a lot of people this and people find it easier to see it in their peripheral first, and then they go on to seeing it in the middle too? I practice in the dark or with my eyes covered.
    Last edited by Minyan; 4th September 2019 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Corrections - "have" added, "my" changed to "their"

Blog Entries

I think you have the right idea Minyan- I don't think there's anything wrong with sharing one's own experiences, especially if it gives someone who is learning something to validate their experiences, and maybe help getting there.
    And it is also true that teachers don't necessarily want students to think that the phenomena is 'what they're here to learn' also. I have my own idea of why the peripheral sight works better than straight ahead, but it's just an idea.

Jolly good, experience sharing! I'm really a beginner myself, I'd been doing energy work every day or almost every day at first but I notice writing this that I've been forgetting to do it recently.
    I typed something about my own experiences just earlier but now I'm thinking that it might be best for someone not to talk about limitations in case it makes someone else expect to have those limitations as well, and then have to go through them himself because of belief, if that's how it works, I'm not sure, I'll try again. I think ideally the image would be sharp and in every colour including ultraviolet and infrared and with spiritual energy on the first try, but I can see my arm move in front of me. I don't know if calling something like it a black image on a black background would harden it and make it harder for the person saying that to progress? In that seeing without eyes thing it says some children become able to do it almost straight away, seeing a dot that they enlarge.
    I don't know what advice to give on how to learn this because I don't know what happened in my own case. I started trying to learn this because I read something about the heart chakra lighting up the astral so you can see things illuminated by yourself, so I thought about trying to see physically when it was pitch black, and also Robert Bruce said that you should be able to see a silvery outline of your body, and I saw the seeing without eyes thing on this forum which I found really quite interesting. Well at least here there's a beginner corroborating that this sort of thing seems possible.
    Last edited by Minyan; 5th September 2019 at 04:14 AM.