I find this concept difficult to grasp because IMO, the subconscious will give any abstract idea manifest form. The act of trying to figure out what symbol the form I perceive represents, and what it means, makes the distinction a lot harder for me.
Let's make believe that you have encountered a great tree which has giant, flourescent, blue pumkins growing on it. With no further information on the setting, discern the nature of this imaginary plant.

It doesn't matter if the object is mental, physical, or spiritual. In as much as you are examining the subconscious attributes of an inanimate object at a distance, it is an act of clairvoyance, not logic.

This is the fundamental flaw in interpretive books. The laws of percentages don't work in the non-spatial realm of clairvoyance.

In fact, from this subconscious realm, you may percieve an experience of incalculable emotional gravity, which you cannot put into written words. It's only your memory that substitutes with abstractions. Indeed, all you know of the imaginary tree comes from the letters on this screen.

What is the underlying truth behind it?