Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fibromyalgia with severe depression is crippling a loved one

OmegaWolf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophroniscus
    I'm not so sure about what the red LED is supposed to do, other than supply some heat. Maybe that is good enough.

On the other hand, Edgar Cayce strongly recommended violet light...

http://www.baar.com/Merchant2/merchant. ... gory_Code=
    RED LED lights produce light in near infrared spectrum. Our cells have light sensitive "parts" (sorry can't remember the name). Light in the near infrared range stimulates these parts of cells and causes the cells themselves to produce lots of energy. In theory this improves the cell's ability to heal itself, remove waste products, metabolize etc.

From what I have read Near Infrared light doesn't penetrate very deeply into the body. In many of the products it is combined with Infrared Light which can penetrate the body. As far as I know Infrared Light has more of a "warming" therepeutic effect. In fact I believe there are saunas that run solely on IR light.

Thanks for the info on Cayce. I have read about him a good bit but didn't know about the violet light. I will definitely check out that link.[/quote]

OmegaWolf Guest
    Speaking of Edgar Cayce here is some info on his treatment approach for fibromyalgia:

Here are the basic therapies recommended for the treatment of fibromyalgia based on the Cayce information on this disorder:

1. INTERNAL CLEANSING: Hydrotherapy includes drinking six to eight glasses of pure water daily, colonic irrigations (preferably) or enemas, and a cleansing diet of fresh fruits and vegetables.
    Castor oil packs across the abdomen are recommended to improve eliminations through the liver and colon. Mild laxatives may be helpful if constipation is a problem. Fume baths assist with elimination of toxins through the skin.

2. MANUAL THERAPY (SPINAL MANIPULATION AND MASSAGE): Osteopathic or chiropractic treatment is recommended to relieve any pressures that may be hindering circulation and decreasing eliminations. Gentle massage is suggested to relax the body and improve circulation and eliminations.

3. DIET: The Basic Cayce Diet is intended to improve assimilation and elimination. The diet focuses heavily on keeping a proper alkaline/acid balance while avoiding foods which produce toxicity and drain the system. Essentially, the diet consists mainly of fruits and vegetables while avoiding fried foods and refined carbohydrates ("junk food"). Certain food combinations are emphasized.

4. ENERGY MEDICINE: In addition to the above therapies which will tend to improve circulation, the Radial Appliance is recommended to further assist in increasing relaxation and nervous system coordination. Edgar Cayce said that this appliance would be helpful for anyone having problems with disturbed sleep and fatigue.

5. MEDICINE: A ginseng tonic is recommended to improve digestion and eliminations. Small dosages of beef juice are recommended for persons who experience significant fatigue and lack of vitality.

6. MODERATE EXERCISE: Walking or other moderate exercise is recommended. Be outdoors in the open as much as possible.

7. ATTITUDES AND EMOTIONS: The mental and emotional aspects of healing are frequently discussed in the Cayce readings. Particularly, an attitude of desiring and expecting to be healed is important. A positive mental and emotional attitude and can be created and maintained by focusing on a high purpose (ideal) for being healed.
    This is taken from http://www.edgarcayce.org/health/databa ... yalgia.asp

chrystalpaths Guest
    50% of the folks I work with suffer this very real problem. Reiki and massage help alot as does teaching them a method of relaxation and focus using stones or crystals that can help their pain and depression. Fibro is a real issue and hopefully in time more will be learned about it, as well as more ways to help the sufferer maintain as normal a life as possible. Accupressure also helps alot with certain areas of pain.

OmegaWolf Guest
    Another resource I found that I think could really help people with FM is an exercise program called Intu-Flow. It was developed by a really knowledgeable martial artist by the name of Scott Sonnon. Don't let the martial arts throw you. This is a real full body "tune up". It starts at a very beginner level and proceeds to more advanced stuff. To me the beginner level seemed perfect for people with FM who need the exercise but not TOO much.

If you are interested you can go to rmaxi.com

Omega