I'm currently reading the Astral Dynamics book and I'm up to the MBA / Tactile imaging part. I read a bit further before trying the exercises and I noticed that Bruce mentions unblocking blocked chakras and healing.

First, a little history(If you don't care, skip down to the </history> tag):
<HISTORY>
As a kid I had a rash on my butt(Nasty place), so my parents took me to the doctor and he gave them some ointment for it. However, I appeared to be allergic for the one of the ingredients. What started out as an inconvience on my bum, spread to an excema covering alot of places on my body.

After all sorts of treatments, it eventually went away after a treatment with sea water(A collegeau of my dad brought a bottle of sea water of every other day, and after applying the sea water for a few weeks, the excema disappeared).

After my puberty begun, the excema returned, and this time worse. Lots of failed attempts later, I eventually picked up meditation. While meditation did not fix the problem, it allowed me to cope better with stress, and the symptoms(Itch, burn and sore crispy skin) were much milder.
</HISTORY>

Right now, my rash is horrible. I did a bit of googling and discovered that the sub-navel chakra is reponsible for the skin.

The real question here is: Would I be able to heal my skin issues by raising my energy levels to a point where I can start stimulating this particular chakra? And if not, what suggestions do you have for me to develop my energy bodies so I might attempt to get rid of my rash?

EDIT: Also, completely different kind of question: How long did it take you guys to develop reasonable MBA/TI skills? Because of my meditation history, I'm quite capable of moving my body awareness to parts of my body, however, the line takes a bit more effort. And, it's all considerable more difficult since I have to stop myself from using my eyes, which I used to do during meditation.