Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: You ground you lose?

xxhealinghandxx Guest

You ground you lose?

"Extend your own energy down into the earth while keeping it also connected to
    you. Feel your energy as streamers or roots extending deep into the earth, as
    anchors. These roots balance your energy, so you're not dizzy, and they give
    and take energy to keep your overall level steady
    . When stressed, you may not
    anchor very well. Ground and stabilize your anchor to reduce the feelings of
    stress."

This was from a Psi site, I don't practice Psi (yet) I just like to read things, instead of practice them, which makes me frown because I have a real lack of motivation; but thats another story.

I underlined what I'm worried about, in another forum (the one about electrical devices breaking) someone said that grounding would help you more fully integrate your energy. But here it says that it will take it away to keep you at a "steady level", so who is right? In my mind that just sounds like raising a bunch of energy and giving 50% of it back, making 50% of it vain effort.

The site is here, http://forums.vsociety.net/topic/4863.0 , though I've seen this elsewhere I'm pretty sure.

Grounding is generally done to restore your energy level to its natural level. If you have extra then it drains away; if you are low, more flows in. This is generally controlled by your own energy system, mostly in your aura. The earth is considered to be generally neutral to humans and so a relatively safe place to draw energy from. If you have extra energy, then you do lose energy. Usually that's the point, grounding often done to get rid unwanted energy absorbed from a place or put on you by another entity. Grounding to the earth is generally safe no matter what you energy state.

Grounding is a basic technique. There are more advanced options. There are more positive places to receive energy from. Also rather than draining excess 'bad' energy, converting it for you use can be better. See Healing from the Heart->Grounding.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

xxhealinghandxx Guest
    So that means it's impossible to build up a strong energy field for health and such??? It will all just drain away and you will have the same amount of energy as normal people?

If you ground constantly, you will have the amount of energy as normal for YOU. Each person's natural energy state is different. With practice you can increase your natural amount of energy (see NEW or other techniques for this). In between groundings, your energy level can be higher or lower.

As a matter of personal style, I never ground. I prefer to reuse energy whenever possible. This is not recommended for beginners as they can easily get overwhelmed or totally drained.

Energy must be kept in motion or it will become stale and moldy. Grounding is a way of keeping your energy circulating so it stays fresh.

xxhealinghandxx Guest
    So basically it takes energy that is clogged and kind of flushes it down (stagnant qi in the merdians)? Basically what I'm wondering, is if it actually pulls energy from your energy storage "places" and takes that down back to the earth? Much like a slap on the wrist that you have too much of an abundance of energy, which you might have been trying to use for healing anyway.

If it does the former thats ok with me because I know that blockages can mean disease, but if it does the latter that would really suck.

wstein, doesn't the earth have transformative powers of its own? Like a recycling of bad energy to good? That's what I hear, so I don't think it would be unjust to send the earth used energy so it can make it new again.

Do you capitalize earth?

Grounding isn't about losing anything. The more you ground your energy, the more you can bring in to yourself. It serves to increase your ability to hold energy. It makes you more aware and more present, so it increases your abilities and adds power to all your actions.

xxhealinghandxx Guest
    Alright, sounds useful. Thanks for the opinions, now I'm not afraid to ground ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Energy must be kept in motion or it will become stale and moldy. Grounding is a way of keeping your energy circulating so it stays fresh.
    Stale, say what?? Energy keeps itself in motion. Where are you storing it?

Lion Guest
    You can recieve or transmit.

The hollow space in a garden hose could hold a small amount of water. You could use it to drain a bucket, or fill a bucket. You can hold a small amount of energy, drain the ground of energy, or put more of your energy into it.