Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Michael Evocation - SUCCESS

frater_altpath Guest

Re: Michael Evocation - SUCCESS

LOL Star, that's all very true, I agree completely with your post.

As for authors, I like Agrippa and anything old. Nothing new, since it's nothing new really. The old books explain it all, and the new authors just try to break it down in todays terms. Which ultimately ruins the original message.
    For example Tysons edition of the three books of occult philosophy actually distorts the old book. An easy example to look up, he quotes in his notes that spirits are the mediators between god and man, when in actuality the original quote is that daemons are the mediators. That's the first message he distorts, and throws off would-be researchers to believe spirits in general are good, but makes no mention of daemons.

alwayson4 Guest

Now I am really confused.

You say, you do not recommend Poke Runyan....but he is known for following all the old texts exactly.

With the exception of his angelic correspondences and his use of the phoenician alphabet, he is the only author I know of, that follows the proper way of doing things.

alwayson4 Guest

I reread your message.....

I think I understand now. You reject ALL modern authors.

frater_altpath Guest

Well, what exactly is the correct way of doing things? I don't believe that Poke's method of evocation is classical or traditional in any way. I've seen his rituals. Old style rituals don't even resemble modern understanding of what a ritual is. An old ritual can be to write some symbols on a leaf, chew it and then spit it onto the floor and wait for a manifestation. That's a weird example that I completely made up, but you get the idea. What I mean is, in the old days and old ways of thinking, it wasn't all drama and psycological to put one "in the mood" for magic, as Poke believes. It was actually believed that following this and that formula, you got the results you expected.

I don't reject all modern authors, only the ones that either rehash what has already been said and done, the plagiarists, and the ones that go around saying their method is the method of doing it, and no other way will work. Some modern authors have written very good books though, and I enjoy those books.