Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Isn't all this Kundalini stuff overvalued?

IMO, the old parable of two men building houses applies here. One built their house on sand while the other went down to the bedrock and built on a strong foundation. When the storms and floods came, the house that was built on sand fell while the house built on a strong foundation withstood the floods.

To me, this wisdom can be applied to spiritual growth. One can withstand K rising if one has taken the time to do the inner work and foundation building necessary to withstand this awesome event.

Robert exercises due care in stressing the importance of inner work, healing of past trauma, etc. before one attempts to raise thier K, which, imo, is a lot more than a lot of folks do out there.

Without Kundalini being active in some way or another, it isn't possible to gain enlightenment. It blocks sufficient energy, when dormant, from entering the shushumna nadi.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    Without Kundalini being active in some way or another, it isn't possible to gain enlightenment. It blocks sufficient energy, when dormant, from entering the shushumna nadi.
    I understood there is a difference between having your K awakened and actually raising it. I understood that raising it is a powerful event, but that one can achieve some enlightenment when it has been awakened.

G'day!

I stand by my earlier warning, but with some clarifications.

Apart from my own experience in this area, I have encountered many people in various stages of kundalini awakening. Even the strongest and most stable and well prepared encounter major problems. Those without this generally develop a range of psychological and mental and physical problems. There is a lot of information available on these problems to be found on the net.

There is a big difference between awakening kundalini and raising kundalini (Uraeus Serpent of Fire). My earlier warnings specifically relate to the latter, eg, the heavier energy work to fully activate the energy body and achieve the highest level of consciousness and direct contact with the divine etc, etc.

Kundalini is dormant in everyone. Its awakening can be triggered by spiritual or devotional work, and sometimes by spiritual/intellectual work.

Kundalini is the Eastern term for this energy. But this is not just related to Eastern cultures and spiritual practices. It is universal.

Kundalini is an evolutionary energy. Once awakened, it begins a transformational process. This cannot be stopped once it begins. How long it takes and how far it will evolve persons depends on the individuals concerned.

The early awakening kundalini is a major event, but most people can usually deal with this without too much difficulty.

But raising kundalini (Uraeus Serpent of Fire) is to be approached with extreme caution. This event fully activates all chakras, removes all natural protection from the chakras and energy body, and exposes the energy body to the greater reality. This can be a shocking experience that, if unprepared, could cause physical death through shock. After this, the energy body and mind are wide open to everything. The onslaught of impressions and energies that come with this can cause persons to become mentally unstable. This also opens one up to all spirit influences, positive and negative and all the range between.

To approach this, it is obviously wise to have some idea of what one is doing and to prepare oneself well. This is sensible, but many people tend to skip the preparation and jump straight into the higher work, just to see what happens. There is no way one can account for this type of madness. This is like a person with no experience with sky diving grabbing a parachute and jumping out of a plane at 10,000ft and working it all out on the way down; eg, very high risk. This is why kundalini is usually only taught in person, through a strong teacher student relationship.

So, to teach this, some duty of care is obviously involved. The basics of spiritual development must be learned and practiced first. These include self observation, mind control, ego control, willpower training, inner balancing, inner cleansing, physical preparation, etc, etc, to develop a harmonious and balanced spiritual approach. With this kind of preparation, the risks are greatly reduced.

For those who survive the awakening and or raising process intact, varying levels of creativity, genius, psychic abilities (enlightenment or illumination) arise naturally.

The enlightenment process is directly related to kundalini awakening. But this does not happen in an instant. It is a staggered process, one bit at a time. One may have moments of full abstract God consciousness where one knows and perceives 'everything' in the abstract. But after such a peak experience, one reverts back to normal consciousness.

I hope you can see my points here. So many people are desperate for real spiritual progress, and they want this right now, eg, a quick and easy way to enlightenment. They don't want to spend thousands of hours in training. They want it right now. This ego based approach obviously causes a problem, as the risk level for students is directly proportional to their preparation.

For all that, awakening kundalini should not be feared. This is the brightest hope for humanity. The more enlightened people there are, the better the world will become in a spiritual sense.

Robert Bruce
    The above quote was in response to my question about whether or not he still stands by his strong warnings of raising K.

viewtopic.php?t=2630&highlight=kundalini

star Guest
    I possibly hav some kundalini development, its just finding out how to continue and keep it moving. I'm trying to meditate where I just listen to my breathing. Going into a deep state, so Kundalini can work on its own with minimul pushing from me.

Blog Entries
    So - awakening dormant Kundalini = attainable by average people with a good strong practice and beneficial, and raising Kundalini = strong shock to the system?

It's a bit confusing. I guess Robert meant he raised Kundalini through all Chakras in one go, and the results were very intense and nearly deadly. This is what I'm relating to. Is this what he will teach in his new book, or "only" Kundalini awakening? With proper grounding? Or what?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Korpo
    Is this what he will teach in his new book, or "only" Kundalini awakening? With proper grounding? Or what?
    I guess at this point you'll either have to ask him directly, or wait for the book.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Robert raised Kundalini from root to crown in one sitting in his 20's, and it almost killed him, if I remember the story right. I believe he said he had an NDE. I have no idea what or when or if he will write about how to raise Kundalini in a book, but it would seem that someone who had that dramatic of an experience would also teach caution. Robert goes by his inner guidance, so you can worry yourself to death over what he "might" do or write, but he's going to do what he's led to do.

Wolf_Thor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyla

Nothing is ever explained, they seem to be single mindedly focused on a goal, not only do I not know what the goal is, or why things happen the way they do.

I get no direct guidance. Where is the map? I want a map! WTF is the plan? WTF is the goal?

All I get is a check up.

All I know is, there is a time coming when they will be speaking to me much more frequently and directly. But even when that time gets here, will they still be as secretitive?

Maybe they have their reasons, but the trust is eroded. Would it be so very difficult for them to give me some kind of reassurance?

</rant>
    Who gets a map? I know I sure as hell didn't.

sash Guest
    Leyla, worrying about it tends to make it worse, Kundalini appears to most easily rise in the path of least resistance, so if you just go with the flow and trust your instincts you will be fine. I wouldn't force it, but if you feel it coming I wouldn't resist it either -- just let it be as it is.
    Your guides may not be giving you a lot of information because they might think you are equipped well enough and don't need as much guidance as you think you do.

Blog Entries
    If you are seeing serpents at your feet that tells me that you are being warned that it's coming. The fact that you see them at your feet would make me think that they're telling you to start grounding a lot.
    If it's a done deal it sounds like some energy work with emphasis on grounding is the order of the day.
    It's just what I get, anyway.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast