Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: has anyone heard of Aleister Crowley? the Golden Dawn?

chips Guest

has anyone heard of Aleister Crowley? the Golden Dawn?

for those of you that know about Aleister Crowley, do you believe he was evil? i read that he was dubbed the evilest man in the world.

i keep hearing about this club (i think its a club) called the Golden Dawn. can anyone tell me exactly what it is? is it a group of witches or something?

Antoll MA Guest
    -> chips,

I read all the books of Aleister Crowley. He does great work. Particularily with 'Magick'. He was considered as evil. Doing bloody rituals. Golden Dawn was a club of enlighted persons. Aleister revealed some secrets and was banished.

Louise43 Guest
    I don't believe Aliester was evil...I don't believe he was sweetness and light either...but certainly not evil incarnate. I believe he had a strange sense of humour that meant most people read him wrong but Aliester was too busy to care what they thought anyway. Although I do think his ego tended to get the better of him a lot of the time and if I was to meet him he would probably scare me half to death but I kinda like him. I've always had a soft spot for evelope pushers and rebles

The Golden Dawn were a Magical group which operated in London in the late 1800's to the early 1900's. It's members included Aliester Crowley who as already mentioned above was booted out, S. L. MacGregor Mathers and his wife and Dion Fortune. IMHO reading anything by Dion Fortune is well worth it, if you can ignore the fact the some of her attitudes are now a little dated (she was a woman living at the end of the victorian era) there are some absolute nuggets of wisdom contained in her books, both her fiction and her non fiction.

Louise

Lordofthebunnies Guest
    No, Aliester Crowley wasn't "evil", just not someone I particularily want to emulate.

oath Guest
    A few times Ive come to conclusions about his quotes where I considered them to be wrong and I would even go so far as to call him a fool, only to later realize that he was excatly right

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oath
    A few times Ive come to conclusions about his quotes and other works where I considered them to be wrong and I would even go so far as to call him a fool, only to later realize that he was excatly right
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

enoch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    A few times Ive come to conclusions about his quotes and other works where I considered them to be wrong and I would even go so far as to call him a fool, only to later realize that he was excatly right
    I get that too. I only need to see his face and I get this overhwhelming urge to blurt-out "PERVERT"

Krystal Guest
    LOL

chips Guest
    wait.. i dont get the joke...

myhoran Guest
    Aleister Crowley was a psychotic, perverse evil heroin addict who summoned evil demons and deities....there are many books about him and his life...his ties to the Golden Dawn are identified with the inception of L.Ron Hubbard and Scientology.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast