Thread: Initiation Into Hermetics

Rhone Guest

Initiation Into Hermetics

I've been reading Initiation Into Hermetics after seeing it so frequently recommended here (and seeing that 42 out of 43 reviews on amazon.com gave it 5 stars), and I haven't been disappointed.

Since the book is popular here, and since Bardon makes very impressive claims about what can be accomplished by diligently and properly working through the steps, I'd like to ask those of you practicing magic based on Bardon's work about your experiences.

i.e. Which Step are you on? How much time did each of the steps you've "completed" take you before you moved onto the next? Did you do any exercises out of order despite Bardon's warnings; if so, how did it go? Have you succeeded in developing clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience with the exercises given in the book?

oath Guest
    Dear Rhone,

I agree that bardon is very good and I read a good portion of it, however as far as the excercise are concerned I threw his out in favor of my own which I think work much better, simpler, and easier. I have had what most would call extreme success, but still I am unsatisfied, and so this type of work has become my main focus (Magic).

Here are some things

-notice beauty more/more attention to life/mindfulness
    -clair audience, clairsentience, and clairvoyance. Seeing auras and energy, feeling energy (mostly on greater levels), and even hearing things (I dont know yet what I am hearing, kind of sounds like background noise or static)
    -a clearer understanding of things and how it fits together.

I think those are the main ones I experienced, but thats broken down a lot, for example more attention to life leads one to being more happier and more in the mood to smile and be upbeat.

Re: Initiation Into Hermetics

Quote Originally Posted by Rhone
    I've been reading Initiation Into Hermetics after seeing it so frequently recommended here (and seeing that 42 out of 43 reviews on amazon.com gave it 5 stars), and I haven't been disappointed.

Since the book is popular here, and since Bardon makes very impressive claims about what can be accomplished by diligently and properly working through the steps, I'd like to ask those of you practicing magic based on Bardon's work about your experiences.

i.e. Which Step are you on?

I and many peers in circle have completed the 10 Step Path of the Magician . I am facilitating an online circle where we are working currently at step 4 . I think that the time will depend upon dedication , the vessel having past life experience recalled , the energy body light quotient and the practice of the Hermetic Arts . There were a few little bits that I found stumbling and so continued on without completing them to the next step and found in due time that all little bits were completed . A few times I felt his continuum was out of order in its sequence ie pore breathing is much advanced and came to me last I feel .

I have completed step 10 . I worked with a group of hermetic magicians and alchemists in circle . Bardon came to us in spirit on 2 occasions and taught us too . I skipped only a few items that he said may take greater expertise to complete and allowed a degree of freedom to move on without their mastery . ie I have not made the cottonball flame yet . I facilitate an online course for free . We meet twice a week on Teamspeak and Mirc concurrently . If you are interested PM me . I was clairient before I began the 10 step Path of the Magician but all of the clairient senses continue to develop as we practice .This book is a classic and well worth the read . I suggest reading it in its entirety then going through it step by step with deliberation , meditation and practice.

Have you succeeded in developing clairvoyance, clairaudience, and clairsentience with the exercises given in the book?
    I was clairient before I began the 10 step Path of the Magician but all of the clairient senses continue to develop as we practice .I had a degree of aptitude to begin with but the book and the steps were of great value to me .This book is a classic and well worth the read . I suggest reading it in its entirety then going through it step by step with deliberation , meditation and practice.

Free online course on IIH here ;
    http://forums.riverofenlightenment.com/ ... 447.0.html
    ~*~Love , Light & Laughter ~*~

Anituel Guest
    I had been studying and practicing various forms of natural, Hermetic, ceremonial and Kabbalistic magic for years prior to my introduction to Bardon, so I am not a complete beginner. Lately, I began work with Initiation Into Hermetics and Robert Bruce's Astral Dynamics (hence my presence here!) to the exclusion of almost everything else and I have made great advances in my private mystical work. I cannot vouch for Bardon's claims concerning the various magical powers, however, as I am only on Step 2 right now and have not gotten that far. I can, however, say that Bardon's exercises thus far have been invaluable in my magical work with my Coven. Those around me have noticed a marked increase in my magical capacity since I began to seriously work with Bardon's material. That, to me, is more than enough reason for me to keep going! Good luck in your own Work, and feel free to PM me about the Work if you ever want somebody to chat or compare experiences with.

I've been working through the first two steps as one step as I found doing 3 different types of meditation would take to long to acompliosh and I could do more of the exercises at once. I fiugre the first two steps are important though for clearing up the elemental imbalances.

Probably the biggest block in path at the moment is keeping a regular routine as the past few days I have fallen off it and I'm actually sick right now.

At first I was trying to be super strict with doing every single thing he said but I've come to the conclusion that we all have our slight differences and needs...

I recently got the book Frabato the magician and it was well worth the extra cost of ordering it...

RobBobMarley Guest
    Haven't read the replies here but.....

Remember IIH is almost 50 years old, you should be constantly modifing the steps, but be sure to understand what is being accomplished first.

For example NEW helps a LOT in many of the steps.

and let's not forget Mr. Mercer, and Mr. Bruce's book Mastering Astral Projection in 90 Days.