Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: has anyone heard of Aleister Crowley? the Golden Dawn?

CF said:
    Now I'm curious. Can you use a synonym that's not a curse word?
    t--t?
    Never mind, I'll tell her.

enoch Guest
    twit.

Blog Entries
    That's not as bad as what she called me.

I hope you meant "told" you, not "called" you. PHG
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

myhoran Guest

Crowley saga continues on....

Greetings to all....Not to belabor the Crowley thing but-I am an insatiable reader, and many years back when I encountered my first look @ a picture of him a feeling of revulsion swept over me. Being intuitive and very sensitive I did not like what I saw. Moreover, I read all his books. Why do I dislike him? Being a devout animal lover animal torture and sacrifice disgusts and makes me very angry. Also, this "magick" meister opened portals summoning some of the heavy hitters from the dark side which this beleagered world can do without. There are plenty here already. In summation, I did not know Adolf Hitler personally, either, but that doesn't mean I had to to understand his agenda. Myhoran

enoch Guest
    cf, she didn't call you a 'tart' did she?

I think we need to bear in mind here that it was Crowley's wife who first 'received' communication from 'the other side'.

frater_altpath Guest
    Most people don't really understand why crowley did animal sacrifice, blasphemy, etc. Anybody that has studied (and practiced) satanism would understand his methods. He was re-programming himself, to get rid of all that clutter he had in him that was not really "him". I believe anybody that says he was evil is simply ignorant. He was definately "human" at one point, but he did ruin his life after invoking Choronzon (one of the most dangerous demons I know of), evoking Beelzebub, and doing the enochian calls incorrectly.

He's a perfect example of what not to do in magick. His books are historic pieces of work, that are important for the magick community, but his life shows what we should avoid in this kind of practices.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frater_altpath
    Most people don't really understand why crowley did animal sacrifice, blasphemy, etc. Anybody that has studied (and practiced) satanism would understand his methods. He was re-programming himself, to get rid of all that clutter he had in him that was not really "him". I believe anybody that says he was evil is simply ignorant. He was definately "human" at one point, but he did ruin his life after invoking Choronzon (one of the most dangerous demons I know of), evoking Beelzebub, and doing the enochian calls incorrectly.

He's a perfect example of what not to do in magick. His books are historic pieces of work, that are important for the magick community, but his life shows what we should avoid in this kind of practices.
    It's a dirty job, but somebody had to do it...
    AD Pedia:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/sho...abetical-Order
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php

"Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

frater_altpath Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    It's a dirty job, but somebody had to do it...
    Exactly.

I also agree with Aunt Clair about his expertise and his "grade". He went above and beyond all of his peers. It just came to me that he did what the Buddha did 3000 years ago. The Buddha learned from the best masters of all beliefs and traditions that he could find, and surpassed them. Crowley did the same thing. I don't want anyone to be offended by my comparison of those two, but it's just an example.

I should also mention that crowley believed he was the combined incarnation of (I believe but I don't remember too well, so don't hold me to it) Eliphas Levi, Cornelius Agrippa, and various other powerful and well known Mages from before crowley was born. It very well could be true.

enoch Guest
    You only have his published works (and therefore HIS word) that he summoned the things he did. A poet may inform me that they've sat on a cloud but I aint gonna take it literally.

frater_altpath Guest
    True, Enoch, but anyone that has used the information in his books will know that he did know his stuff. Whether he actually evoked spirits or not cannot be proven, but I'm sure he was one of the most advanced magicians of the last century, and I myself have successfully evoked several spirits (easily, without much effort) and I don't consider myself to be very powerful or advanced at all. I can't prove I have done that, people will just have to take my word for it.

Crowley's problem was that he was sure that there was some way to do "harry potter" type magick and everything that was not visible to the naked eye was not magick. He evoked a goetic spirit once to cure a friends cronic cough. The spirit told his friend he would get better if he moved to a warmer climate. Crowley simply said that was common sense, not magick. His arrogance was definately his worst demon and probably why he tried so many different stupid things.

I don't think he would have been satisfied even if he had a spirit show up to him and say "ok, I'm here. You believe I exist now, right?"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast