Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some questions about early energy development

BirdOfPrey Guest

Some questions about early energy development

I'm only just starting the energetical exercises, so bear with me. Perhaps I'm just impatient.

So, I started doing the exercises in Robert's Astral Dynamics book. As stated, I started with learning to focus my awareness better, and it works out quite nice now. I can move my awareness around in most parts of my bod without too much problems.

That's the good news. Bad news: I can't keep focused for long periods of time. After 20 ~ 25 minutes, my mind starts to wander, or my body decides it's a good time to take a nap. How much of a problem is it to spread out development of my energy body in parts? Today I worked in 2 different sessions on both of my feet. First I laid down for 15 minutes and worked thoroughly on my right foot, and later on the day I did my left foot. At the end of the 2nd session, I did split my awareness and circled both feet.

I assume my focus span increases over time.

Next: I usually do the exercises on our bed. I'm a (poor) student, and we don't have a comfortable chair to sit in(Only the dining room chairs or couch. I could try the couch tho). Can I continue to exercise on the bed, or would it be better to do my exercises on the couch?

Third: Perhaps an odd question, but I just need to ask it: Could all this affect my sex drive? I noticed a severe increase in libido, and even my girlfriend complains I want nothing but sex. Last time it was this worse, I was 15.

One last question: Is there a way I can survey my energy body? I'm curious as to how my energy body looks. I don't know if Robert goes over this in this AD book, since I've only read up to the part about building the body in my hands/arms.

Blog Entries

Re: Some questions about early energy development

Quote Originally Posted by BirdOfPrey
    I'm only just starting the energetical exercises, so bear with me. Perhaps I'm just impatient.

So, I started doing the exercises in Robert's Astral Dynamics book. As stated, I started with learning to focus my awareness better, and it works out quite nice now. I can move my awareness around in most parts of my bod without too much problems.

That's the good news. Bad news: I can't keep focused for long periods of time. After 20 ~ 25 minutes, my mind starts to wander, or my body decides it's a good time to take a nap. How much of a problem is it to spread out development of my energy body in parts? Today I worked in 2 different sessions on both of my feet. First I laid down for 15 minutes and worked thoroughly on my right foot, and later on the day I did my left foot. At the end of the 2nd session, I did split my awareness and circled both feet.

I assume my focus span increases over time.
    It's perfectly fine to spread out your energy practice over time- we all do it, since we do have other things to do. However, I'd try to do both legs at a time, because doing both will help you find blockages, if any, by comparing.

Next: I usually do the exercises on our bed. I'm a (poor) student, and we don't have a comfortable chair to sit in(Only the dining room chairs or couch. I could try the couch tho). Can I continue to exercise on the bed, or would it be better to do my exercises on the couch?
    I would move to the couch, because when you train yourself to OBE on your bed you may effectively train yourself to not sleep when you want to. It's kind of the same thing they say about reading in bed.
    Third: Perhaps an odd question, but I just need to ask it: Could all this affect my sex drive? I noticed a severe increase in libido, and even my girlfriend complains I want nothing but sex. Last time it was this worse, I was 15.
    This is also normal, because the sex chakra will get energized, and the rest is history. As a female sometimes this effect is welcome, sometimes it's not. I'll let you use your imagination as to what to do about it, but it has to do with five sisters. (Did I say that?)
    One last question: Is there a way I can survey my energy body? I'm curious as to how my energy body looks. I don't know if Robert goes over this in this AD book, since I've only read up to the part about building the body in my hands/arms.
    Around these forums, Aunt Clair has diagrams on hermetic colouring of the energy body. She's clairvoyant, so she can see what it look like while developing it. You may have to search for it. I believe it's called "hermetic coloring of the energy body".
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

BirdofPrey,
    If you pm Aunt Clair, she will do a free online energy body reading for you.

xxhealinghandxx Guest
    I'm sure it's fine, but doesn't Robert Bruce say that you should move on once a toe center (centre???) gets active? I'm sure it's fine.

Good that your motivated, your energy body is probably even more developed than mine - don't lose that.

Sounds like you are being impatient to me. 20-25 minutes is more than most beginners can muster. There is always a 'dry' period where you are beyond the beginning stuff but not able to do enough to get to the really cool stuff. I encourage you to stick with it.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Blog Entries
    You can actually do the exercises standing. That has the added advantage that you are guaranteed to not fall asleep or your money back! (and a free head injury! )

But beyond mere funny: Standing can be beneficial, if you do not tense up.

* Feet parallel, not splayed out- or inward (optionally barefooted)
    * Knees slightly bent, in line with left/right hip or left/right shoulder, whatever is less wide.
    * Shoulders slightly rounded, chest caved in.
    * Spine and neck erect, chin slightly tucked in.

This way you could do energy work and strengthen your body alignments. It's a basic stance from Chi Gung and requires nothing to sit on at all. ))

About the couch: I guess that's okay, as long as it isn't too soft. The chair usually doesn't need to be comfortable, in fact a standard, hard-back chair of the simplest possible design does fine. Knees should bend at (very) approximately 90 degress. Again: Don't slouch, spine erect. This is a Chi Gung pose recommended for sitting meditators.

Most stuff/sitting postures will work fine, but from what I've read classic Lotus seat with its bretzel posture could be problematic for doing leg work. It's simply harder to concentrate. Lying down is possible, usually brings on trance states, but sleep as well. Be very well rested to avoid that.

20-25 minutes is a good starting timeframe showing already good signs of concentration. If you can work reliably within that timeframe without drifting off you will progress quite nicely. More will just bring about "diminishing returns" - you invest more and more, and comparatively nothing further.

That you start to drift off after that timeframe is actually a sign where your current capacity ends. Going beyond that may be unwise, though I do not necessarily expect damage, but even then still futile. Retry for longer stretches some weeks down the road - write down the results - measure progress.

BirdOfPrey Guest
    Korpo: The 20 ~ 25 minutes periods of time are because of my meditation 'history'. I've meditated in the past, in a cross-legged posture(Lotus position can cause knee problems if you're not flexible enough, so I decided against a pure traditional posture). Link to postures.

I'll move to the couch to see if it has a better result. And, since I have to travel by train often, I usually attempt some simple training in the train. Usually massaging my feet with my awareness hands(Which can magically reach through my shoes ) or stirring 1 or more(Or sometimes all) of my hand/foot chakras. While not having much affect, it basically should strengthen my concentration.

Thanks for the hint, I'll try to work on it standing later on, sounds interesting.

BirdOfPrey

BirdOfPrey Guest
    Okay, I'm just going to reply to myself, and share my experiences.

I moved to the couch today, and it was most interesting. My practicing was way better than it was on bed.

It started off with me sitting on the couch, pillow(Wrapped in a blanket, so my 'dirty' socks didn't make my pillow filthy) under my feet and my hands on my legs. I started working on my right foot, and in the first 2 minutes, I started to feel lightheaded, felt like I sank into the couch. The dizziness wore off after about 3 or 4 minutes. Later on, I felt myself sink further into the couch, and later I heard singing/humming. I ignored it as I thought it was my girlfriend.

I continued, and as I started to raise energy through my right leg, every time I moved the energy through the area where my hand was situated, both hands shortly spasmed out(First right, then left). As if a spark from my leg jumped into my right hand, went through my torso and jumped out on my left hand. A very strange sensation, as the spasm was unpleasant, but still very interesting.

I also noticed that the energy flow in my feet was quite larger than in my legs. In my feet, I could imagine a bright white ball move up and down my toes, the flow in my legs felt like a thin short piece of wire moving up and down. I presume that the energy body in my feet is much more developed. And my hands are underdeveloped(Because of the shock).

I finished after 23 minutes(My meditation alarm went off after 20 minutes, and I extended it another 3 minutes to finish energy raising in my left leg).

After I returned the pillow to the bedroom, I went to the working room and told me girlfriend she was a little noise maker. She referred to the drum she bought(She bought a small drum for young children today, which she has to adapt for a school assignment to make it suitable for children who were born with a specific handicap). I then said she was singing/humming, which she denied.

So, I have no idea what the singing was, since we don't have a house ghost . Perhaps I sank slightly out of my body at the start of my session and heard sounds from the astral, or I just imagined it(Which I doubt).

About documenting: I've considered installing free blog software on my home server, and make use it to log my progress. Perhaps I'll open it up for others on this forum, so everyone can just log their experiences in a [somewhat] private location, where not everyone can mock them. I noticed there's a large 'front' of people who don't believe any of this, and that usually ends up in mocking those who do.

On a last note: I was very skeptical at first, but the more I try, the more I'm convinced. Esp. NEW has opened a new world for me.

BirdOfPrey,
    There are a number of people who have OBE journals in the OBE forum. No one has made fun of them, yet. A lot of people follow them because of how interesting they are, and as a kind of guide to see how they are doing, themselves. Notice how many viewings they get. I would suggest posting your experiences in your own thread there. It would help a lot of other people. Especially when you report problems, because it makes other people realize this isn't an easy, one, two, three experience and you're a pro. It takes time and effort. If you want to, let me know, and after you start a new thread, I can move this one over there for you.

The other option (if you aren't interested in OBE), would be to change the title of this thread to your "Energy Journal", using the edit button on your first post, and leave it in this forum. BTW, the "humming" sounds like astral noise to me.

Astral Noises, Hypnagogia:
    http://forums.astraldynamics.com/viewto ... tral+noise
    In Astral Dynamics, p.512-513, Robert Bruce writes:” I believe there are two possible causes for astral noises:
    Accidental: It is possible that natural sounds and voices are picked up by the heightened senses of the projecting double, as it tunes into parts of the local real-time or astral environment during the prelude to an exit….”
    “Deliberate: Another possibility is that some astral noises are deliberately produced and telepathically aimed at projectors by low order astral wildlife.” And,
    “Dealing with Astral Noises: Any and all astral noises must be totally ignored during the exit stage of an OBE.”

BirdOfPrey Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Painterhypnogirl
    BirdOfPrey,
    There are a number of people who have OBE journals in the OBE forum. No one has made fun of them, yet.
    I'm well aware of those threads. However, I aimed at an offsite location, but I believe the OBE forum is well suited for this aswell. I myself have been confronted once by someone who made fun of my (so far futile) attempts. I have a thick skin, so I shrugged at it.

Also, I AM interested in OBE, otherwise I never would have taken the time to sign up for the forum, read the book, etc.

Perhaps I'll open my own thread in the OBE forum, with a clean 'slate'.