Hi all, for those who know me and those who don't.
We have been 'rediscovered' by the spam factories, and the daily amount of spam I remove from the boards is staggering. Most of the time it isn't seen by regular members, because the forum template does a really good job of catching them and putting them in moderation- which means no one sees them until a moderator approves them.
We catch a lot of them before they can be seen, but ocassionally one slips in, and you can tell it's spam because a lot of them are in Cyrillic or ideograms, or characters that are not found in the code- you're seen a lot of the DDDDDDD&&&&&& posts.
If you see them, please don't comment on those threads- when we remove them we remove and ban them wholesale, and you might get inadvertently caught in the ban command if your post is in one of these threads and I've already removed 99 posts and am half-blind. I don't want to accidentally ban anyone who didn't do anything wrong, but it can happen by accident if you participate in a spammer-started thread.
Thanks for understanding, hope you have a great afternoon. Or morning, or whatever it is.