Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Plato's riddle of Non-being

I assume there is no need to put sugar in a cup of pixie tea? I'm not sure if the pixies would clog the tea pot spout...

There is a fine point about the definition of 'exist'. While the concept must exist or is automatically created by talking about it, the actual incatnation does not necessarily follow. This is espcially true if part of the 'thought form' includes an assumption of 'mythical'.
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler
    I guess they ate the mutant spaghetti monster. Oh well....
    Great CF, way to go...

Blog Entries
    I'm part of a schism that believes the mutant spaghetti monster was in fact the result of a stray piece of boiled spaghetti that was accidentally animated by the magic dregs of the pixie tea as they were tipped down the blessed font of miraculous inundation. The consumption of said spaghetti monster was in fact an act of mercy and not a callous act of ritual sacrifice, as seen by some Pixie scholars. The pixies euphanased a creature that had no business existing in the first place and which, in actuality, deeply desired its immediate termination for lack of company of its own kind.
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

enoch Guest
    You can read all about teapotism here. It is rather appropriate to this thread: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot

Blog Entries
    They forgot to mention the pixies. Maybe they're too small to see too....
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Beekeeper
    I'm part of a schism that believes the mutant spaghetti monster was in fact the result of a stray piece of boiled spaghetti that was accidentally animated by the magic dregs of the pixie tea as they were tipped down the blessed font of miraculous inundation. The consumption of said spaghetti monster was in fact an act of mercy and not a callous act of ritual sacrifice, as seen by some Pixie scholars. The pixies euphanased a creature that had no business existing in the first place and which, in actuality, deeply desired its immediate termination for lack of company of its own kind.
    I'm of the sect that sees this spaghetti monster not as a mutant or freak of nature, but as something that was supposed to be by virtue of the fact that it did come into being. We see the consumption as a direct act against nature (we get pretty mad about it too, have little meetings and such where we shout how much we are right and how everyone else is wrong - lots of fist waving and hate mongering). It is, in fact, the patron of all misfits everywhere, it's sufferings were meant to liberate us from our own suffering, but, usually just pisses us off and makes us quite cranky and unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    I think that the teapot myth is just that. A myth. People need to wake up to themselves and stop killing each other over these silly beliefs and start living in harmony...

Sing it wit me!

"people say I'm a dreamer...... but Im not the only one...."
    I LOVE that song Alex.

Blog Entries
    Scymitar72, oh sure, that may be the orthodox view after the Council of Bolognaise, in 72 A.S during which the Pixie Gospels were decimated under the presidings of the Great Poobah Parmesan. But there are many excised texts that state unequivocally that the mutuant desired its own demise.

From the Book of Noodle, Ch3, verses 12 to 17, for example,

The Pixie scribes debated the baptism of the Spaghetti Mutant, considering if he would be required to wear the green bobble hat and reside in the teapot. Then Pontius Pixie asked the Mutant, “What would yea choose?”
    The mutant replied, “I cannot wear the bobble hat for I lacketh a head and the hat would interfereth with my ability to communicate psychically. I would prefer to fulfill the purpose for which I was born. I am unhappy as a sentient being.”
    Where upon Pontius Pixie ordered that the Mutant Spaghetti creature be anesthetized, rolled on a folk, gently seasoned with herbs and consumed by the pixie community.

But really, that's it for me, I can't be bothered debating with anti-Pixites! (Goes off in a huff)
    "A dream is a question, not an answer."
    (Therapist and dreamworker Strephon Kaplan
    Williams)

Scorpyn Guest
    This this divert into some kind of "religion of the day" kinda thing?

Hmm... maybe I should do that... switch religions once a week...

Nah, my current way of modifying my current beliefs every now and then should be enough...

Anyway, back on topic :

I agree, at least partially. If we consider something to not exist, then we have created it (or at least created our own version of it). However, once we forget about it, it will cease to exist. Until something reminds us of it, which means that nothing can ever cease to exist. Unless it was never created of course, but then we can't reject the idea of it being created.

I suppose this is why every major religion is correct. Their beliefs make it correct. In some cases it also makes other ppls religions wrong, but since it's their religion it's still correct.

It's a complicated world we live in. Or do we? Isn't life a thoughtform in itself, only a very stable one?

Anyway, I'll make an experiment :

Within 24 hours from posting this, there is no way I'll win a few million dollars.

star Guest
    I find it hard to believe "This is the one and only way and evrything this says is right" Religions

So everyone in the Amazon who hasen't ever heard of your religion is now burning in some hellish pit for sins they never knew of, or didn't realize they were commiting, becuase they don't worship your god?

But he loves you so very much, and thats why he is sending you into oblivion!

Of course some people would say they hold historical fact to back up everything. Poppycoc!

Ever play "Telephone?" information changes from person to person, not to mention thousands of years of politics..

I'm putting my foot down! (And converting to Gnostic Atheisism!) Did that make sense?

But back to the topic.. The Conned don't exist and the rich and laughing don't either..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast