Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Reiki Attunements

Some Reiki modalities don't use symbols ie. Kundalini Reiki (theses a thread in the astral pulse forum)....symbols are used as a tool to foucus the intent....

Symbols are tought-form, the more people use it the more they add power to it, so yes it does have power, but it's not necessary to use it in reiki....therefore it's a matter of preference and or tradition....

Alright guys, would you explain to me the difference between and attunement and a treatment? In plain terms?

An attunement is an intense treatment which also establishes a connection to the energy that a person can connect through afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom
    My experiences have continued well past that point and cover a variety of circumstances and have led me to believe that the reason why Reiki symbols are so hard to remove from the aura and chakras is because they aren't there. You can't take something away unless it is present. Each time a Reiki symbol is invoked it is created new. The process of trying to remove the symbol would continue to create thought-form copies of the symbol, so it would seem that the symbol is continuously present and difficult to remove. What are you trying to remove? The symbol "cho ku rei"? Oh, there goes another copy. Is the symbol "cho ku rei" present still? Yes, there goes another copy. Is the symbol "cho ku rei" gone yet? Another copy. Guess it is still there.
    This would seem to suggest that trying to remove it via energetic approaches to be the wrong approach.

Wouldn't destroying or removing the (sourcing) thought-form prevent one from invoking new symbols?
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    This would seem to suggest that trying to remove it via energetic approaches to be the wrong approach.
    I'm not suggesting anything. That is exactly what I am saying. Remember the phrase "Don't think about purple elephants."? It is as if I'm trying to get you to forget about purple elephants by talking about them to you. The more I go on about purple elephants the harder it will be to get you to stop thinking about purple elephants. Purple elephants eating purple peanuts. Purple elephants with purple memories who never forget. Purple, purple, purple elephants. Don't think about purple elephants. Sure is hard to erase purple elephants from your memory. You keep thinking about purple elephants. The purple elephants never forget. Are you still thinking about purple elephants? Yes? Let me try harder to get you to forget purple elephants. Those purple elephants are so tenacious. I just can't get rid of the purple elephants.

Quote Originally Posted by wstein
    Wouldn't destroying or removing the (sourcing) thought-form prevent one from invoking new symbols?
    If you learn the Greek alphabet and you want to study the Russian or Japanese alphabet, does one have anything to do with the others? Same thing.

sash Guest
    The main issue for me is whether it does 'clash' with other healing systems as wstein suggested. In addition, those 'side effects' of coupling two or more systems.

If learning a new energy system is equivalent to learning a new language then I would think anyone should go for it.. it can't hurt. However with healing/energy systems that would be the dilemma in learning as many as I can for me..

If it were really about opening chakras and channels, they could obviously be closed again and the attunement undone.
    In case anyone is interested, Robert says that it is impossible to "close" a chakra. The act of trying to close it, energetically stimulates it, thereby making it even more active. He says that all of the attempts using visualization (imagining a door closing, etc.) or energetic closing just puts more attention on it, and keeps it stimulated. Makes sense to me and explains why "closing" never worked for me.

Blog Entries
    I don't know about chakras, but the energy flow through what is identified as an energy gate in Taoism/acupuncture can be regulated - increased and decreased. I assume from my rather nonexistant knowledge about Reikki = Reik-Ki (Ki <=> Chi) that this should be applyable to Reikki as well.

But as I have read the Chakra/Kundalini circuit is not identical, but does overlap with the acupuncture/Qigong energy pathway network, and there is a difference if you manipulate by visualisation or by a pure non-visual, direct physical feeling.

Note that totally dissimilar symbols are more likely to 'clash'. Two 'healing' type symbols are less likely to clash. Symbols like 'mental calming' and 'reverse field direction' are more likely to clash.

-----------------------

I do not know if you can COMPLETELY close a Chakra without killing yourself. It is possible to increase or decrease its effective throughput by several orders of magnitude.

-----------------------

P.S. forget the elephants, where can I get purple peanuts?
    Sin nada (Nothing is impossible)

Food coloring.

There are hundreds of reiki systems that I have been attuned to over the years. Some of them have been really good, and some of them just didn't work for me. That's why I used the ones I like and forgot about the ones which didn't. That's all I had to do. I stopped using them and now they do not intefere with the ones I like. This isn't to say that if someone gave me a manual and told me to attune them I couldn't do it. I've found that after learning a few dozen reiki systems I can pick up any manual and self-attune to any system. Ole Gabrielsen, who created Kundalini Reiki, was the one to give me the idea to try it. Still, I prefer to be attuned to a new system by another person.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast