Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Reiki Attunements

monkbiker Guest
    I tend to be somewhat cynical about this stuff; I don't believe everything I read or hear, but I don't completely discount it either. I give everything a fair shake and if it works out, fine. If not, I let it go and turn my attention elsewhere.

I've been reading about astral projection for a long time. I've been working on energy raising and opening / stimulating my chakras for a long time too. I haven't had a fully conscious OBE, although I've been trying for what seems like forever. I'm very interested in OBE's and am strongly desirous of having one, so I'm going to keep trying.
    I get strong exit sensations but that's about it. I have Robert's books (AD and MAP). I'm not giving up but I'm not going to drive myself nuts over it either.

I had Reiki I last Sunday, 12/3/06. It was an 8 hour workshop and included an attunement and a practice session.

My understanding is that Reiki will balance the chakras and facilitate the smooth movement of chi energy throughout the chakras and the body.

I'll tell you what, throughout the workshop and over the course of the last few days while I've done Reiki on myself, I could really feel heat in my hands. It was MUCH warmer than 98.6 degrees. I can sense tingling sensations in the soles of my feet and the palms of my hands whenever I direct my attention there.

I know something's up. According to the class schedule it's going to be a few months before I'm ready for Reiki II. I'm going to keep working on it. Hopefully it'll have some positive effects with my OBE work.

I'm also listening to the Holosync CD's I got from http://www.centerpointe.com/

I really like them, and I'm sure they're having a positive effect.

monkbiker Guest
    Whoaaaa!

Reiki update!

I'm dealing with a lower back injury. I've been seeing a chiropractor regularly for about 10 or 12 years, but about 3 weeks ago I hurt my back again. With the chiropractic adjustments the pain has subsided to a dull ache over the front of my right hip bone and also on the back on the same side.

Over the course of the last week I've been doing Reiki on myself either before I go to sleep or first thing in the morning when I wake up.

Twice now, something very odd has happened. I start Reiki as usual with the crown chakra and work my way down. When I got down to my hips I had a very strange sensation.

I suddenly felt a great warmth start up in my hands and "echo" around my hip. The pain in my hip and back immediately lessened, and the feeling of relief and sensation of healing was so intense that I felt light-headed and somewhat dizzy. This was immediately followed by a great sense of "loosening"; of relaxation and soothing. My internal dialogue shut right off and I went to sleep.

This was no gradual, falling asleep the way we all do every night. This was more like being put under by an anaesthesiologist! The elapsed time between moving my hands to my hips to going to sleep was literally no more than 5 minutes at the outside.

This happened on Thursday and again yesterday.

I've been working on the MAPS book for quite a while and I've also spent years monitoring myself as I fall asleep, so I know the manner in which I drop off. This falling-into-sleep experience was quite different from what usually happens. It was very much akin to what happens to me if I listen to the Holosync CD's in bed; they knock me right out all at once as I move into the deeper brain-wave states.

But this time, I wasn't listening to Holosync. It was awesome!

Sparrowhawk Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sash
    The main issue for me is whether it does 'clash' with other healing systems as wstein suggested. In addition, those 'side effects' of coupling two or more systems.

If learning a new energy system is equivalent to learning a new language then I would think anyone should go for it.. it can't hurt. However with healing/energy systems that would be the dilemma in learning as many as I can for me..
    Bluntly; no f-ing way that it does.

I have had reiki students (I'm reiki master level practitioner) who were into several different kinds of healing/energy modalities and it works just fine with them. If someone says that it definately does not work with having reiki and other healing moalities then you can be sure that it is ignorance speaking, or that person has had a bad teacher

Hi Sparrowhawk,
    Everyone seems to experience these things differently. While your experiences may work for you, that doesn't necessarily mean they are a rule that applies to everyone. Since this is your first posting, may I suggest that you express your feelings in a way that says it is your opinion? And, maybe not quite so bluntly?

Really, I think that Sparrowhawk did a very effective job of cutting several pages of nice discussion down to a matter of a couple sentences. The only problem is that the people who need the most won't be able to choke it down the way it is written.

Rayson Guest
    My personal experience with Reiki is that there is a lot of misinformation out there, that is usually spread as being quite factual and true. While I value the fact that everyone has different experiences, I do think some things, when evaluated for truth, are true while some are false. Getting to the heart of these matters can be quite tricky though, and I think it is important for everyone to realize that there are a ton of factors that go into something like Reiki, and that if you really want to be able to state something as true, you need to learn about each of these factors seperate from reiki, understand them fully, and then take that knowledge and apply it to your experiences with reiki. That takes a lot of time and experience to do, and even then "facts" may be deceiving. So until then, I would personally advocate that everyone take what they hear with a grain of salt, a dash of pepper (the two do go together, no?) and probably some spices (Ray-san style), and to not go and perpetuate inaccuracies by repeating what they hear and stating that it is absolute fact.

The trouble with that is that you get what you expect with reiki, and if you expect reiki systems to conflict with each other then you may as well stop at one because that is what you will get. It is a disservice to tell people that bad things will happen while strengthening the effectiveness of their thoughts in manifesting their reality.