Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Yes, exactly. There's often no sense in what "people in charge", like scientists, are talking about. And people think that it's must be this way they are telling them.
Just to think what do they want to achieve there, on the another planet? With the same viewpoints they hold now? If they even found such a planet, it's going to be just another castarophe. Problems are either solved, or repeated endlessly.

I'm afraid this is not going to succeed. "Musts" rarely succeed.
Look at the teenager parents, or a bit older than teenagers. There's no awareness in society on many things, including raising children - this probably is the key point here.
At the end, it's the education system that fails to provide proper understanding and preparation, instead pushing into minds of kids all the garbage they neither care about nor is useful to them in most. In other words, it's not educating - it's just an informative chaos put into the minds of kids, and later adults on the regular basis.

I didn't live in the hippie times, so I can only understand it from the secondary sources, but my view on the hippie movement is this:
* there was no supporting "bottom" ground to them, but just a vague ideals, which appeared to be not sufficient for all
* no true, honest leaders
* the life style proposed and lived by wasn't good for all I think, and in time people get scattered more and more
* too massive and no common agreement - so too many ideas from too many people at the same time before the prevailing ideas found the "ground" to root themselves
* and perhaps was too revolutionary, and most ofthe society would rejected it anyway

I think that the excellent thing about the hippie movement, except that it happened anyway as a balance to increasing overall consumerism and artificiality in the society of 50s and 60s, was the rise of new views, which we may now verify and take those ideas (not necesserily direct solutions or forms) which are the most attractive and actually needed now.
Yes, I am talking more deeply about the parenting thing….when I say they must sort them out first Before they get preagnent….is to understand deeply what is requred from them to guide the Child in right direction to give the feeling/knowing Life is presious and wonderful and that human mind is chattered in too many ways...parents to know of the own skills what they have...I am now talking about the 6th sense......I hope you understand that I am not talking here about the ordinary chaos ...but the deeper level that has to be understood Before to get a Child...not a Product of a night out partying and so on....

Yes the hippie era was too many ideas and no guidance ….but it was a very healthy era...to show more freedom and freedom does create more ideas...go back more to organic living without the poisoning of the agricuture and so on.....yes there is so much to say and what has to be changed for us to get healthy World on all aspects and levels of mind. But still I Believe that too much drugs is never good it will destroy the brain….I was Young on the -70...I did see much what drugs did do to my friends and many died too Young.

Love
ia