Thread: The new society thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: The new society thread

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    Technology quotient divided by love equals n
    n x work = money
    Well... I don't condemn anything and anyone. I don't quite think that the amount of money (or its equivalent you might come up with) always determines amount of work or, well, feelings. Nor that removing money from the "life equation" will change much.

The work is a seperate subject in itself, but indeed it's probably one of those which requires most urgent response. At this point my guess is that there are no easy solutions to it (it's very complex, as it touches all the existing jobs), but it's more related to the current mentality of the human society. The new inspiration is therefore needed I think, aside from creating a new equations

IMHO if the technology, money or anything else involved in increasing the overall GDP was done with a different intent, the "love - money" equation would also change.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    This is a fascinating and complex thread, and I'll be coming back to it eventually. A lot to think about.
    Yes it is complex, I agree... But keeping the "big picture" approach may make it much more simpler to think. Reducing the ideas and issues to their essence and removing unnecessery details may help to get a clearer view of things. The prevailing idea is, I guess, related to having a practical working solutions, more than attempting of having a perfect ideas Therefore I'm trying to keep things possibly simple. These are just the existing pretty well known issues about the world put into a nutshell
    Last edited by Antares; 13th September 2019 at 08:18 PM.