There is however a difference between being respectful and being ignorant, I think If you have hands and don't use them - why do you have them? If you have energy, and not use it, why do you have it? If you have mind, you have talents, you have developed understanding of the reality - why won't you share it with others?

See. There are those "others" who contribute to this planet - for their (un)doing. And there are those who prefer to work at home, stay closed, and choose to not contribute. But this leaves us with those powerful sovereigns, not necesserily as developed mentally as you are, who actually use their talents to make a contribution to the world - even if it's only driven by their own ambitions.

The changes are inevitable. I already mentioned the I-Ching book which states that nothing in the universe is constant - except the change. It's up to us whether we'd like to change the direction of the current - or to stay passive, and accept and only watch others to do so.

Perhaps extending the perspective of "why we are here on the Earth planet" would be a good start point.