Regarding the Hippie 'movement'. I know that it is a kind of 'conspiracy' theory again, but some interesting facts emerged. I saw a similar video (in my language) a year or so ago and now found this one in English. What are your thoughts about the assertion that the hippie movement (which was not the same as the anti-war movement then) was (at least in part) engineered by the "powers"? It is said that it was to subvert the antiwar movement (which was genuine) of that time.

Here one informative video but also taken with a grain of salt since we cannot confirm all the facts or need not follow all conclusions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2GjY8DN-7I

Taken from the vid description:

Weird Scenes Inside the Canyon How did an uncanny amount of rock superstars emerge from the rustic Laurel Canyon scene of the mid 60s when the primary music centers of the US at that time were NYC, Nashville, and Detroit? Why were many of these future stars sons and daughters of the military/intelligence complex and extreme privilege who just happened to all arrive in LA at the same time? From the Lizard King Jim Morrison to Frank Zappa, the Mamas and Papas, the Byrds, Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young, even the Monkees, they all had conspicuous family heritages that did not exactly jive with what would become the free love, anti war soundtrack of a generation. Meanwhile, looming behind these musicians was a dark underbelly of Hollywood stars, young turks, the mob, shadowy intelligence assets, and charmers like little Charlie Manson who everyone liked at first.. How and why did this all happen? And what about that covert military installation on Lookout Mountain? Are you ready to have your rock and roll fantasies challenged? You may never listen to this music the same way ever again.
I am certain still that a great part of the hippie movement was genuine, this is more referring to the music industry of the time which formed an important part of course (Woodstock, etc.).

Any thoughts on this?