Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The new society thread

Re: The new society thread

Natural daily schedule vs. imposed daily schedule

What is the natural human being daily schedule or cycle? Well, probably not the one imposed on the whole society - but this one, to my surprise, is generally accepted. It shows how unconscious the masses are.

So maybe it's time to go into this direction as in this old videoclip from 80's by George Michael

https://youtu.be/BsyHQgiem8c?t=54

Generally speaking, the most energy (mental, physical, social, any) is at the morning and evening. The energy down is somewhere between 1 a.m. - 3 a.m. ot so (13-15).

This means that the "nine-to-five" schedule is against the natural human being cycle. Obviously, it needs really a redesign - and those who can let themselves to do so (e.g. running own business) would benefit a lot from honoring their true human natural cycles.

Blog Entries

For some reason the movie Keanu came to mind.
    It has been said that the medieval folk had some very different schedules until the advent of electricity and lightbulbs changed how we function. I for one, am not a morning person.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    For some reason the movie Keanu came to mind.
    It has been said that the medieval folk had some very different schedules until the advent of electricity and lightbulbs changed how we function. I for one, am not a morning person.
    Are you the night type of person, then? How do you experience your, unusal I guess, schedule?
    And what were the schedules in medieval times? I thought it was all about sunrises and sunsets defining how the societies functioned then.

There is also a weekly schedule. Why do we have to follow these routines: 5-day work week, and the weekend. I must say, while first it was something normal, after some time I started to being tired of this routine of diving a week into two parts - always the same way! How about having 10 day-work week, and 4-day weekend some time? Or having "weekend" in the middle of the week? Or at monday? Wouldn't it be more fun with some less routine and predictability? I'm not talking about holidays as exceptionally free days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Antares View Post
    Are you the night type of person, then? How do you experience your, unusal I guess, schedule?
    And what were the schedules in medieval times? I thought it was all about sunrises and sunsets defining how the societies functioned then.
    They did, but seasons made nights longer, and people didn't sleep more. Instead they divided their sleep in 'first sleep' and 'second sleep' (you can find offhand comments about this in medieval plays, some of Shakespeare's, for example) and actually had a 'waking' intermission in which they got together and had light meals or read in bed- that sort of thing.

There is also a weekly schedule. Why do we have to follow these routines: 5-day work week, and the weekend. I must say, while first it was something normal, after some time I started to being tired of this routine of diving a week into two parts - always the same way! How about having 10 day-work week, and 4-day weekend some time? Or having "weekend" in the middle of the week? Or at monday? Wouldn't it be more fun with some less routine and predictability? I'm not talking about holidays as exceptionally free days.
    The 5 day work week came thanks to christianity, which dictated that the Sabbath must be 'set aside for prayer.'. For the Jewish people the Sabbath is Saturday (Sabado is Saturday in spanish)(well, actually, it starts Friday night at Sundown) but when the germanic tribes declared Sunday to be God's day, then Sunday 'became' the Sabbath (imperialism, lol) and people decided to call it 'the weekend'. And not work.
    But we don't really follow this because of belief, more like habit, and the desire not to be slaves. You can taylor your workweek any way you like if you have your own business, but it's not as easy as it looks.
    https://linktr.ee/CoralieCFTraveler
    Rules:http://www.astraldynamics.com.au/faq.php
    "Stop acting as if life is a rehearsal" Dr. Wayne Dyer.

My "rest day" is Sunday. Saturday is just for me.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    My "rest day" is Sunday. Saturday is just for me.
    Yes, this is how people think today. My feeling is everyday / anyday should be just for us. Any. There should be no such rigid division. No naming week-days (Moon-day, Sun-Day, Saturn-Day... and so on) hence is needed. I like the Chinese way of naming days: 1st, 2nd, 3rd... No extra meaning imposed on the days, no requirements. Wanting (or actually needing) to have a day just for yourself? So just set it to be so. European and American culture can learn so much from the ancient civilizations, and maybe we should.

Quote Originally Posted by CFTraveler View Post
    They did, but seasons made nights longer, and people didn't sleep more. Instead they divided their sleep in 'first sleep' and 'second sleep' (you can find offhand comments about this in medieval plays, some of Shakespeare's, for example) and actually had a 'waking' intermission in which they got together and had light meals or read in bed- that sort of thing.

The 5 day work week came thanks to christianity, which dictated that the Sabbath must be 'set aside for prayer.'. For the Jewish people the Sabbath is Saturday (Sabado is Saturday in spanish)(well, actually, it starts Friday night at Sundown) but when the germanic tribes declared Sunday to be God's day, then Sunday 'became' the Sabbath (imperialism, lol) and people decided to call it 'the weekend'. And not work.
    But we don't really follow this because of belief, more like habit, and the desire not to be slaves. You can taylor your workweek any way you like if you have your own business, but it's not as easy as it looks.
    Thanks for these information. Well yes, in the older days it was more close to nature.

No it isn't easy; one of my collegues works at days, evenings, saturdays... wow. Work-life-style. Slavery, as you pointed this out. I'm currently trying to use the new opportunities in the modern XXIth century world to shift from the services-based work (which I have now, even if I'm kind of happy with the current work) to modern media business which I'm developing now (because I'm not happy with the rigid schedules ).

Technology and XXIth century
    Let's use new opportunities and technology for our good, not for our undoing, as it is now. Technology should support freedom; it supports slavery at the moment, however.

People look at their ("smart")-phones' screens like constantly. It's slavery. Instead, modern technology (permission is the key) allows us to use it just when we choose it to, and stay dis-connected whenever we wanted. This is all about mental attitude. Starting with this small thing might change the whole future for the society.

Li(f)e about lack of creativity => mental slavery
    How to live? Well... Let's other tell us how we *should* live. Let's be totally out of ideas, out of creativity; let's use only schemes that media propagades to us; let's live the way politicians and corporations tell us - let's live the life-style just coming from the advertisments, movies, tv series, possibly books. Let's be this artificially "designed" society, as we are, bored to the bones as people are. Let's believe that we only need to increase a number of "possessions" in our life.

Because we are totally uncreative, unable to make anything (new) just by ourselves, hence - as the old Chinese people would say - living the way of a slave. For, all of it starts in the mind - an attitude. What is the attitude (way) of a slave - it's so easy to see today. Examples of non-slaves are, on the other hand, hard to be found, hence the challenge.

This quote by Chuang Tzy comes to my mind when thinking of lack of creative attitude:
    To be truly ignorant, be content with your own knowledge.
    Last edited by Antares; 26th October 2019 at 07:02 AM.

Re: Re The new society thread

Living longer and conscious life vs. poisoning your mind and body for staying blind

The current approach to living today is... unacceptable no more, in my humble opinion.
    The gain-oriented attitude leads to nowhere, after all.

Let's take an outlook on how a life of a human being develops concerning living in modern civilization.

First, a child is born as a "empty, white page", as some of scientists would like to convince. Obviously it's not true, but after a child is born a process of "orientation" or "calibration" occurs - changing appropriately its psyche. As a human being with an infinite potential, this child needs to be "adjusted" to living today. (If it was born in other times, or even on another planet, this process would go differently - thus resulting in a potentially very different human being later as an adult).

Child is not a "white page", but has its characteristics, tendencies, temper, talents and so on. The point is that they are not shaped - "crystalized" - yet. The natural tendencies (which means the actual person this child is really inside) need to find a way to express themselves - or, to be blocked. Potentially, there are infinite ways to express a particular charateristic (potential). Astrology gives a good idea on this subject.
    So the characteristics of a child are "modified": blocked, strengthened (if desired by the common believes), changed, twisted etc. They (inner, true tendencies) always want to find a way - and if ithey constantly fail in doing so, a person becomes easily frustrated or even worse - burnt out.

The process of "adjusting" progresses when the child goes to school. Educational system narrows and limits ("adjusts") you even further.

After then, you don't have much time to discover your potential. Work takes most of time of most of people on this planet.

To realize fully your potential and make some real things in life, instead of living day-by-day without a bigger picture and an guiding idea prevailing it, you need more time today.

That's why longer and conscious life is needed

The first step is to focus on both consciousness and living a healthy life style. Only keeping your health and energy high ensures that you will have a quality life and be conscious enough to make choices for yourself. This leads then to prolongating your life and decreasing the gettting old processes for your body, mind and energy.
    I like the ancient medical Chinese guidelines on these, as they relate both (awareness and concsiouness with staying healthy) and give reasonable advices on how to achieve them.

The alternative to the above is to live blindly - not thinking for yourself, but just following schemes / examples of other peole, being as confused as any other person, going through the same process from a "white-page" child to a restricted by the civilizational circumstanes adult. Some of them just believe that "this is the only way". Of course it's not, yet there should be first someone to go first that other way before, so that other people could follow (be inspired). Otherwise we (society) always would stay the same or get even worse.

Conscious thought - the reflection on the current state - is needed to make some necessary modifications to the current life style.

I see the old social patterns to disappear in the upcoming decades, starting from a new decade as of 2021. Corporations' and politics as known from the XXth century time is soon to be over. This is not a prediction, but just a glimpse of new energies showing up now.

Seems like the times changes, going to be very different from what was in XXth century.

Consciousness is beyond death. Only problem is, death is beyond Earth. You get a curious thing called the mirror effect.

My reflection is a fool.

Quote Originally Posted by olyris View Post
    Consciousness is beyond death. Only problem is, death is beyond Earth. You get a curious thing called the mirror effect.

My reflection is a fool.
    And fool is an excellent way to embark onto a new adventure. But I would say that death is a part of (living on the) Earth, while it is life which is beyond Earth... as it is spirit(ual). I mean, I don't believe in this scientific stuff that life needs matter to sustain its functions; it is rather life as quality which makes this "miracle" and causes an actual (complicated) doll which human body sort of is to revive.

I started to create a new dictionary in order to go beyond the old concepts, changing old concepts and replacing them with more appropriate new ways of thinking; for instance, ancient and tribal people don't have names for past or future, even some today used languages don't have them, so here are three words I would start with:

It was -> It is
    I will -> I do
    I would -> I choose not to at this point, or considering a change

EDUCATION AND / OR TERROR
    I was observing my mind while learning, and have the following conclusions. First I like to learn - unless I feel pressure to do so. I also like to do this on my own pace, which is mentally healthy. Despite of that, I don't like the school rigor imposing on a student what to learn, when to learn, how fast to learn and what conclusions "should" I draw, and how should I think (like on a mathematics lesson where teacher told me when I think "wrong" and when I think "right"). I rebelled against it and treated it as a mental violation. I felt it was killing my mind and my personality, so I simply ignored lessons and refused to learn. Of course, I was punished for that. They were terrorizing me that I won't earn much because I don't want to learn (in the way the teachers told me). Interesting fact is that I didn't have to learn almost anything to earn much more now than the teachers do... however, I can imagine how millions of new students go through the same routine, and might be not as rebellious and honest with themselves as I was when I was a kid. I can see this distorted and limited mentality in many of scientists' minds who followed "the rules" imposed in schools.

Where is the place (space) here for really creative thinking and freedom in education?
    There is none, because it is not education, it is training - just like you train your dog. You tell it what to do, how to do it, and what to think in reaction to what you do and expect.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast