Anyone interested in alchemy?

It's a very vast topic, I am barely able to present it in all the entirety, and I'm not speaking about "tranforming stone into gold" of course I sometimes see some people, particularly with the scientific background, to treat it as a replacement of something like a "spiritual development", with lots of intellectualism, psychology and psychiatry involved in it.

My intuitive experience (rather than thinking) is that alchemy is actually a distinct science or rather meta-science - distinct from anything else, yet being essential to anything else, and deals with symbolism, meta-concepts, and transformation in the mutlidimensional (multiconceptual) way. In this sense, astrology is just a "branch" of this vast alchemicla science, chemistry is a part of "physical alchemy", and the physics merely touches the surface of this ever-changing reality.

Possibly the most thorough, general treatment on alchemy was the Chinese I-Cing book, giving the overall picture of the changes (transformations) in the universe in the form of appliable oracle.

What is your view on alchemy?